There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is S.F. fast enough?

Originally posted by sanfran49:
i cant read this s**t

english your second language? I am sure we can get a translator.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
You know I would love to have the opportunity to write sports articles or cover sports especially the NFL/49ers in some capacity.
When I read an article like this it frustrates me alot to see that idiots like this have my dream job
John Crumpacker, Chronicle Staff Writer's article Quick read: Is S.F. fast enough?
Team looked slow against Falcons, but says it's fine:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/17/SPN31A5OK9.DTL

one of the dumbest questions you could ask IMO. any team that gets beat by 35 is going to look slow anyone paying attention knew the 9ers were very flat last Sunday.

My point is anyone paying attention to the 49ers know they are not a slow team and infact as is pointed out in the article have guys who are the fastest at their position like V.Davis/D.Goldston/P.Willis/M.Lawson add in guys like B.Jones/M.Crabtree/J.Morgan/D.Walker who may not be burners but are fast players Crumpacker is an idiot IMO.

you said "everyone knows"

when your a reporter you make the logical assumption that not everyone knows and you ivestigate and report.

If you would love to be a writer than by all means persue your dream. No one is stopping except you....but be wary of being the Internet know it all...it won't get you far in the writing world.
This is an extremely slow team. It's one of our problems. Elite teams are much faster than us. We have a bunch of guys who get caught from behind in the open field. You don't win the championship like that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is an extremely slow team. It's one of our problems. Elite teams are much faster than us. We have a bunch of guys who get caught from behind in the open field. You don't win the championship like that.

Morgan!
Originally posted by backontop:
i cant read this s**t

hahaha f**king zinger i like it
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Morgan!

Overrated on this very WZ. Always has been and always will be. He looks like a super star because for greater than 1/2 decade we actually fielded guys at the NFL level who couldn't even catch the ball or run a proper route... So along comes a guy who can catch a ball and 90% of the WZers think he is the next Jerry Rice.

Real teams have real speed. SEE ATLANTA. They don't get caught in the open field. They can go 80 - 90 yards and not get caught from behind.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
i cant read this s**t

hahaha f**king zinger i like it

Just trying to help out a fellow 49er fan who is having difficulty reading.
on a serious note tho, you see players that are considered "game changers" ala Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson, Slaton, Desean Jackson and what do they have in common? SPEED! We lack it, we lack big play potential. Hopefully crabtree's strength and supposed "speed" can help us in this area. Let's not beat around the bush in this day and age possession receivers and bruising backs are a cushion for leads, not to come back for a win or race 90 yards like the electric players that we DONT have. think of it like this -- when's the last time a KR touched the ball and you were like HE MIGHT GO! Arnaz Battle? Delanie Walker? Nate Clements? No way. (I might catch s**t for that statement)

ps - we are slow, just check our madden ratings!! only gore is in the 90s!
on a serious note tho, you see players that are considered "game changers" ala Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson, Slaton, Desean Jackson and what do they have in common? SPEED! We lack it, we lack big play potential. Hopefully crabtree's strength and supposed "speed" can help us in this area. Let's not beat around the bush in this day and age possession receivers and bruising backs are a cushion for leads, not to come back for a win or race 90 yards like the electric players that we DONT have. think of it like this -- when's the last time a KR touched the ball and you were like HE MIGHT GO! Arnaz Battle? Delanie Walker? Nate Clements? No way. (I might catch s**t for that statement)

We don't have any players with speed like those you mentioned. Maybe C.J. Spiller in the future.

DHB, McFadden, Stanford Rout, Alexander Wright, etc all have speed are they game changers?

Just cause you are a "game changer"

Maybe we should trade both our 1sts for DHB cause he could be our game changer

Originally posted by ads_2006:

DHB, McFadden, Stanford Rout, Alexander Wright, etc all have speed are they game changers?

So we should strive to be the slowest team in the league like we already are...

I agree with you that there are busts in this category, like in any phase of the NFL. However, what my point is that a lot of the highlights are of FAST players juking one defender and blazing to the endzone. When's the last time that happened? Oh ya, Morgan got caught from behind. And I think you cannot put DHB in the category he is a rookie on a terrible team. Everyone does terribly with the Raiders, look at Darren McFadden for example. Standford route. You're using a terrible team. Let's look at good teams:

Vikings -> Harvin/AP Both are electric and change the game. Example: Harvin's blazing speed got them a TD to stop our momentum completely in the game vs them. AP he's just incredible

Eagles -> Jackson had almost 1000 yards last year and many of his highlights were him running past defenders. Now they have Maclin as well, who looked good last game RUNNING PAST defenders.

I could go on but I don't want to. The point is I have NOT seen ANY of our players on offense run by anyone with pure speed, hence, we have no players with game-changing potential on offense. On defense, we look pretty good, but had trouble with speedy Roddy White. I will reserve my judgment on team speed for D until we finish playing vs. Slaton/Johnson. Either way we are slow.

If Jamarcus could get DHB the ball, who knows -- but he also has terrible hands so that doesn't help.

I agree with you that there are busts in this category, like in any phase of the NFL. However, what my point is that a lot of the highlights are of FAST players juking one defender and blazing to the endzone. When's the last time that happened? Oh ya, Morgan got caught from behind. And I think you cannot put DHB in the category he is a rookie on a terrible team. Everyone does terribly with the Raiders, look at Darren McFadden for example. Standford route. You're using a terrible team. Let's look at good teams:

Vikings -> Harvin/AP Both are electric and change the game. Example: Harvin's blazing speed got them a TD to stop our momentum completely in the game vs them. AP he's just incredible

Eagles -> Jackson had almost 1000 yards last year and many of his highlights were him running past defenders. Now they have Maclin as well, who looked good last game RUNNING PAST defenders.

I could go on but I don't want to. The point is I have NOT seen ANY of our players on offense run by anyone with pure speed, hence, we have no players with game-changing potential on offense. On defense, we look pretty good, but had trouble with speedy Roddy White. I will reserve my judgment on team speed for D until we finish playing vs. Slaton/Johnson. Either way we are slow.

If Jamarcus could get DHB the ball, who knows -- but he also has terrible hands so that doesn't help.

You forget to mention the players who are NOT burners that are game changers. How bout Fitzgerald and Boldin? Not known as burners, but would you not agree that they are game changers?
What about San Fran's own Jerry Rice?
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Why do so called Niner fans constantly claim we have a safety with the last name Goldston?

Vikings --> Good QB and ok Oline (better than ours)

Eagles--- > Good Qb and ok Oline (better than ours)

Thats my point.. team speed isnt going to help us win games as much as those two factors.

Titans have Chris Johnson..However, their Oline and Qb situation doesnt look so good right now.. 0-6
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM ]