LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Crabtree's total yards vs. Houston

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree's total yards vs. Houston

• B650
  • Veteran
I don't really care about his stats, I just want to come away with the impression that he can get open and he isn't going to be a bust.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
3 catches, 14 yards.

Just being realistic. Let's say he plays 12 snaps, sticking with the run run pass philosophy. He's only going to be in during 3 receiver sets......we haven't exactly ran a lot of those. When he's in they'll try the quick stuff to him and the famed "Josh Morgan Bubble Screen". I'm as big a Crabtree fan as their is, and I say that seriously, I'm just being realistic.

I get what you are saying, I'd just be incredibly dissapointed. But then again ive been disappointed before....
probably 20 yards. He doesn't have much practice catching punts.
Originally posted by B650:
I don't really care about his stats, I just want to come away with the impression that he can get open and he isn't going to be a bust.

Well...that's a lot to ask for in his first game. But I get what you mean.
he will surpass heyward-bey in one game!
I hope we run a few screens or quick passes his way to work up his confidence.
Bubble screen, take it to the house. That was on of TT's bread and butter plays with him.
On 3rd down situations (even going back to last season under Martz) Shaun Hill throws to either his slot receivers or TEs 80% of the time (Jason Hill was his most favored weapon last year out of the slot). Shaun loves his SLOTS!

-So I think Shaun is going to utilize Crabs, and Crabs is going to make the proper reads, and be in "dump-off/play-action" positions for YAC against Houston.

But all this will only be measured by how well our o-line fares next Sunday.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Bubble screen, take it to the house. That was on of TT's bread and butter plays with him.

Works for me
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
3 catches, 42 yards.

Immediately passes DHB's total catches for the season.

Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
3 catches, 42 yards.

Immediately passes DHB's total catches for the season.

2 for 20 yards.
Best thing is Crabs is used to catching passes from a QB with a weak arm, Harrell did not have a cannon but was pretty accurate. So having to come back on routes to help out his QB is something he is already used to doing.
he will b a factor in the red zone 2 tds!
Share 49ersWebzone