LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Crabtrees incentives..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • da209
  • Veteran
It is mathematically impossible for Michael Crabtree to play 80 percent of the snaps on offense this year .....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Why-Crabtree-Will-Never-Make-His-40-Million.html

Well the bum missed half the year by holding out for an unreasonable contract he never got. He spends too much time listening to NEON DEION PRIME TIME SANDERS and HAMMERTIME. With friends and advisors like that it's no wonder we got such a DIVA.

He needs to just keep his mough shut, nose clean and play good football. Cry me a river he didn't make top 3 money. Every guy wants to make top money. But you get paid where you are picked. That's how it works.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well the bum missed half the year by holding out for an unreasonable contract he never got. He spends too much time listening to NEON DEION PRIME TIME SANDERS and HAMMERTIME. With friends and advisors like that it's no wonder we got such a DIVA.

He needs to just keep his mough shut, nose clean and play good football. Cry me a river he didn't make top 3 money. Every guy wants to make top money. But you get paid where you are picked. That's how it works.

Wait.......how does it work?
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be. His agent was the one responsible for him holding out. He even said that he let his agent handle everything. Plus, I read this at CNNSI...

San Francisco 49ers (3-2)
My colleague Peter King had a good tidbit about Michael Crabtree the other day, with the rookie receiver quizzing 49ers GM Scot McCloughan on why San Francisco return man Allen Rossum was inactive for a recent game at St. Louis. It showed that Crabtree, even while unsigned, was paying attention to the details in San Francisco. But I couldn't help but notice this week that the 49ers released Rossum to make room on their active roster for -- you guessed it -- Crabtree. Do you think McCloughan had to explain that one to him?

At least it shows that the guy was still following the 49ers and in the back of his head, he probably did want to play for us. Or maybe he's scared of punt return duties?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Nothing works when you listen to NEON DEION. He got the Oklahoma State kid kicked out too. Wherever he goes (NEON) he creats destruction when it comes to young college and turing pro WR's.
Originally posted by B650:
I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be. His agent was the one responsible for him holding out. He even said that he let his agent handle everything. Plus, I read this at CNNSI...

San Francisco 49ers (3-2)
My colleague Peter King had a good tidbit about Michael Crabtree the other day, with the rookie receiver quizzing 49ers GM Scot McCloughan on why San Francisco return man Allen Rossum was inactive for a recent game at St. Louis. It showed that Crabtree, even while unsigned, was paying attention to the details in San Francisco. But I couldn't help but notice this week that the 49ers released Rossum to make room on their active roster for -- you guessed it -- Crabtree. Do you think McCloughan had to explain that one to him?

At least it shows that the guy was still following the 49ers and in the back of his head, he probably did want to play for us. Or maybe he's scared of punt return duties?

He doesn't want to return punts. And nobody would based on how this team blocks.

Nothing works when you listen to NEON DEION. He got the Oklahoma State kid kicked out too. Wherever he goes (NEON) he creats destruction when it comes to young college and turing pro WR's.

Poor Deion just wants to remain relevant still. He is trying too hard to be a mentor type... I still like him on NFL Gameday with Mooch and Rich. Just stick to that.
I just hope the kid comes to play & becomes a very good player for us!
he'll never meet most of the incentives if any. we "won" on this deal.

And yea, stop bashing him. We'll all be swinging from his sack the second he starts producing for us. He's busting his ass trying to catch up.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 16, 2009 at 05:46:17 ]

I am not sure that NBC.com article is correct. From how I initially understood it, Crabtree needs to make the probowl twice and play in 80% of the snaps for two years, or something. Maybe that would jsut earn him a bulk of the contract... sheesh, I dunno or care any more. I am just happy he finally signed...
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he'll never meet most of the incentives if any. we "won" on this deal.

And yea, stop bashing him. We'll all be swinging from his sack the second he starts producing for us. He's busting his ass trying to catch up.

lol, the thought of crabs and swinging from his sack just made me laugh.
I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this. If he ends up being a bust, then the contract is good because of the impossible incentives. If he ends up being the second coming of Jerry Rice, the 5-6 year part of his contract doesn't matter anyway. They'll probably renegotiate something after 4 years, in which IMO would be a good idea to do so....
he has missed 5 out of 16 games, last i checked 5 is not half of 16

Great point. Crabtree and Bryant are both great lessons that other college WRs should learn.
Share 49ersWebzone