There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

new book out on "The Catch"

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780307409089

Link from the publishing company. I was reading this book at Borders today, I heard reviews about it on the radio. A very good book, not just on the game or of course "The Catch", but back stories on Bill Walsh, Eddie D. Joe, Dwight and the path both teams took after this game. Very well written book.
I am through about half of it and it is very good - it tells both sides of the story which is great cause the Cowboys were a really cocky bunch.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
I am through about half of it and it is very good - it tells both sides of the story which is great cause the Cowboys were a really cocky bunch.

They still are.
one of my supervisors is a huge Cowboys fan and he said if i put up a picture of Dwight Clarks "Catch" that he would kick my ass. He was joking about that of course but it just makes me laugh.

Some things never change. Jeff Pearlman wrote a book about the 1990's cowboys which really showed how arrogant they were.

In this book, we see by the 49ers winning the NFC Championship game, it gave them the confidence that they were an elite team, while dallas saw that father time had caught up to them.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

They still are.

I know right, even when the cowpukes suck, they are still cocky. Its really sad
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

They still are.

I know right, even when the cowpukes suck, they are still cocky. Its really sad

Just got it as a Birthday gift, can't wait to read it.

They still are.

And always will be
cowboys are the yankees of the nfl, except with less championship and great players. But they have that arrogance like "we are the best" blah, blah, blah. Its horrible living in dallas
The Cowboys had one awesome great team that year. It was a huge upset. I have watched that game many times and the 49ers still won that game with 5 Turnovers.
oh the glory days....so long ago
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
cowboys are the yankees of the nfl, except with less championship and great players. But they have that arrogance like "we are the best" blah, blah, blah. Its horrible living in dallas

I feel for you.
It's on my desk and it's going to be the next book I read.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home