There are 224 users in the forums

Nate Davis - Will he eventually be great?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hear me now, believe me later...If he is allowed to become familiar with the 9ers offense and stays healthy, Nate Davis will be one of the greatest 49er quarterbacks ever.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Hear me now, believe me later...If he is allowed to become familiar with the 9ers offense and stays healthy, Nate Davis will be one of the greatest 49er quarterbacks ever.

I think you are setting the bar at a ridiculous height.

Carmazzi, Druckenmiller, Mirer, Rattay, Grbac, Pickett, we have just seen some of the all-time greats.

Personally I would like to see him thrown into a few games at an irrelevent part of the season to see if we need to spend a 1st next year or if he has a serious shot. At about the same time I would also like to see Smith on the field to see if the comments about his progress are justified or not.
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Hopefully we can bring N.Davis along smoothly.. maybe he starts next year who knows... BUT I kno that we should not draft a QB with either of our 2 first round picks next year.... we need to draft OL and DT / Pass Rusher

You are insane. Drafting a franchise QB should be our #1 priority, if the right guy is available. It is VERY rare that you get a franchise QB in FA. They are drafted, and they are drafted in the 1st round.

We don't have a franchise QB on our roster. We won't get one in FA. Were exactly do you intend to find someone to fill that position if not in the 1st round and early as possible?
No one is going to completely learn our offense as long as we keep hiring temporary OC's. If you think Raye is long term...
Originally posted by WINiner:
Hopefully we can bring N.Davis along smoothly.. maybe he starts next year who knows... BUT I kno that we should not draft a QB with either of our 2 first round picks next year.... we need to draft OL and DT / Pass Rusher

You are insane. Drafting a franchise QB should be our #1 priority, if the right guy is available. It is VERY rare that you get a franchise QB in FA. They are drafted, and they are drafted in the 1st round.

We don't have a franchise QB on our roster. We won't get one in FA. Were exactly do you intend to find someone to fill that position if not in the 1st round and early as possible?

who are your franchise guys in the first round? bradford and mccoy are the only franchise guys i see and who knows if carolina will give us a top 10 pick
Originally posted by teeohh:

who are your franchise guys in the first round? bradford and mccoy are the only franchise guys i see and who knows if carolina will give us a top 10 pick

lets hope they're in the giving mood

After watching both of those qb's...I am not impressed.

Also, why the hell would you want to draft a young qb and stick him behind a line that cannot block? Did you guys not see the result of the last time we did that?

[ Edited by Memphis9er on Oct 16, 2009 at 18:07:16 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
Nate will never be a starting Qb in the NFL. Can you say developmental player.

THANK YOU ENOUGH OF THIS MADNESS!!!
Originally posted by joebbadass:

wow you are the type of 49er fan that makes the rest of us look like idiots. dude lay off the drugs. playing well in preseason doesn't mean s**t. he played great at Ball state right? until the big games came along and he chocked. Cleo Lemon was one of the best preseason Qb's this year. what about him? go home!
Originally posted by wailers15:

None of us have really seen enough of him to make any sort of authoritative announcement about his future one way or the other. He has shown some very nice flashes in preseason which bodes well for him, but I'm not convinced that he's ever going to be the answer. For whatever it's worth, I think he has a good chance of becoming a very good backup QB, but I doubt that he'll ever be a top-tear starting QB. But we'll see.

Originally posted by fzrdave:

None of us have really seen enough of him to make any sort of authoritative announcement about his future one way or the other. He has shown some very nice flashes in preseason which bodes well for him, but I'm not convinced that he's ever going to be the answer. For whatever it's worth, I think he has a good chance of becoming a very good backup QB, but I doubt that he'll ever be a top-tear starting QB. But we'll see.

Originally posted by MSteitz468:
How many quarterbacks drafted in the 5th round have gone on to be elite QB's?

He needs to play(reg season)first,then go from good to very good to determine if he'll ever be elite.

He sure looked very good in the preseason.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

After watching both of those qb's...I am not impressed.

Also, why the hell would you want to draft a young qb and stick him behind a line that cannot block? Did you guys not see the result of the last time we did that?

Nobody said we should....however linemen can be had in FA, they are expensive, but still available. Franchise QB's are almost never available thru FA

i'll remember both of your names

Developmental Player - a player that will sit and learn, and then eventually become starter....
Share 49ersWebzone