LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Too Much Panic! Remember '94

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Remember Steve Young, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Ricky Waters and a good OL? They're not here.

I do agree with you, though. There's no reason to panic.
Big difference between now and '94? In '94, we had a kick-ass quarterback who could throw the ball. Right now, we have a scrub who throws up more wounded ducks than anything.
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Big difference between now and '94? In '94, we had a kick-ass quarterback who could throw the ball. Right now, we have a scrub who throws up more wounded ducks than anything.

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by taney71:

Now what is your point?

I agree. Compared with a team that had Deion in his prime, Steve able to put an entire team on his back, free agents come for a ring, etc, etc, and that had to struggle that year, this is a half a team. I suggested a closer comparison - but to be fair only 5 games in - to what we ended up seeing in 2007. It's just a sense of disappointment, a lot are thinking - here we go again. And I, like everyone else, sees some difference between Sing teams and Nowin teams. And lets hope we're not on the cusp of yet another mid-season losing streak.
Originally posted by dust-7:
Originally posted by taney71:

Now what is your point?

I agree. Compared with a team that had Deion in his prime, Steve able to put an entire team on his back, free agents come for a ring, etc, etc, and that had to struggle that year, this is a half a team. I suggested a closer comparison - but to be fair only 5 games in - to what we ended up seeing in 2007. It's just a sense of disappointment, a lot are thinking - here we go again. And I, like everyone else, sees some difference between Sing teams and Nowin teams. And lets hope we're not on the cusp of yet another mid-season losing streak.

I sure hope not, I think that we MAY be able to do enough to get into the playoffs this year, but it might hinge on going 6-0 in the division.
Share 49ersWebzone