LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Too Much Panic! Remember '94

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BobS:
Please make it stop, there is no comparison. For those that think there is, name one.
Other than Willis, and the kickers, no one on the current team would start for the 94 squad.

Gore>Watters imo...
Let’s see how we fair in Houston before we make any comparisons to former Superbowl winning teams.
no one loves you
I remember '94. This team couldn't beat the reserves on that '94 team. Even the coaching staffs don't compare. Shannahan vs. Raye. Damn. Things have changed just a tad bit since then.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Don't forget 1962! We started 3-2 and look how we finished!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
Please make it stop, there is no comparison. For those that think there is, name one.
Other than Willis, and the kickers, no one on the current team would start for the 94 squad.

Gore>Watters imo...

Joe Nedney is losing it.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by chimp914:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
lol i am speechlesss

Gore>Watters imo...

Check the stats, including Watters' career receiving yards.

Gore has a long way to go.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Now I'm not ready to say that this is a Superbowl caliber team at this point, but there is just too much panic after the whooping.

Again I don't think we're a superbowl team but I remember at the beginning of the '94 season when we played at crap at Arrowhead and then at home against a fairly good Eagles team we got absolutely blown out 40-8 and everybody was ready to hang it up for the season and all the aquistitions we got in free agency amounted to crap. The next week the coaching staff made some changes and we found a gem in William Floyd who proved himself in Detroit and with a few other tweaks the whole season was turned around and the rest is history.

Singletary is new, yeah, but give the guy at least a chance to make some changes, re-evaluate, and see what we got. You never know what we'll end up with.

dude, seriously, the "search" function is your friend
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Gore>Watters imo...

Check the stats, including Watters' career receiving yards.

Gore has a long way to go.

Maybe if Gore could stay healthy...

Going down memory lane can be fun but only if you remember it accurately ...... I remember an offense that was a whole lot more explosive at that time.

3rd down conversions 102/200
touchdowns 66 an average of 4.125 a game
total offensive yds 6,060 yds

There is no panic here but let's keep it real too.
Just what the hell exactly are you smoking?

~Ceadder
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Now I'm not ready to say that this is a Superbowl caliber team at this point, but there is just too much panic after the whooping.

As in previous Nowin seasons, such 'whoopings' expose what too many want to deny, going forward.

One difference between Sing's teams and Nowins, Nowin teams often lucked into a victory. Singletary's - beat - the opponent. Big difference.

But we're seeing startling things now that don't cause fans to panic as much as to be disappointed; very disappointed after all these years out of contention. That is - the old cliche for losing teams - they are who we thought they were (the AZ lament for so long, but so for many teams).

The 49ers have won three games early but are now coming off a loss into the bye week. They will face da Bears and Indy - both of which fans assume will be losses (others say - and I agree - let's play those games, instead, and see). One game we lost because we didn't finish. Coaching confusion and confused strategies left sufficient time on the clock and a seemingly stunned D (which had been handling Favre reasonably well to that point). The coaches - didn't finish. Fans had never seen that from Singletary. And where fans in the past questioned Nolan's on-field decisions, in the second loss you had Sing call a 'group meeting' only to regret using that timeout when he needed it for what could have been a game altering call. At any rate, he was first to say right after the game - the team, they didn't look at all prepared. This is what fans used to say about Nowin's teams, and basically why he was canned.

Now the D is head toward the 20s. The offense is feeding off the bottom with the Raiders. And no - this is NOT 2007.

Somehow, though . . . We've got an offensive line that is a sieve. But this is not 2007.

We have no consistent pressure on the QB. But again, not 2007.

Game announcers point out that the 49ers can't convert on 3rd - again, not 2007.

So you can understand fan's disappointment at this point.

[ Edited by dust-7 on Oct 15, 2009 at 05:19:28 ]
This is stupid. You picked this up from about four other posts in different threads I've seen.

Another person last Sunday said that very same. Just stupid. Let's list what is different.

Do we have two rookie of the year defense linemen? No
Do we have a pro-bowl QB? No
A pro-bowl WR? No.
A pro-bowl CB? No.
How about two pro-bowl linemen? No.

Now what is your point?
i feel like im eating my own puke.
Share 49ersWebzone