There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our DB's got greedy!

Originally posted by alpha81:
I think they are used to Hill's floaters in practice but Ryan has a gun.

1st string defense plays against the scout team, which tries to mimic the opponents offense, thus, Alex Smith was throwing, not Shaun Hill.

Fail.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by alpha81:
I think they are used to Hill's floaters in practice but Ryan has a gun.

1st string defense plays against the scout team, which tries to mimic the opponents offense, thus, Alex Smith was throwing, not Shaun Hill.

Fail.

Awesome.
white looked like an all-pro that day...i wonder what kinda a plan they have for andre johnson
Originally posted by Allx9er:
white looked like an all-pro that day...i wonder what kinda a plan they have for andre johnson

Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Interesting point, the DB's did gamble quite often the last game....I hope they ate some good humble pie, because Andre Johnson is twice the receiver Roddy White is.

Exactly! If our corners play like that again then Andre Johnson is going to have a career day against us. Matt Shaub might be inconsistant but he knows how to find Johnson. I have faith in clements and Spencer but they need to be more disciplined and our front four need to get pressure.

Obviously you were watching the game but even though you had some fair points... WE DIDN'T PUT PRESSURE ENOUGH, most of the time it was a 4 man rush which obviously didn't get the job done. If you seen around the league,some qb's must be pressured... Too bad we didn't learn from the favre mistake
When your offense can't make any plays the guys on defense gamble because someone needs to make plays. It worked in the first 4 weeks but the offense was too pathetic and the Falcons took advantage of our gambling defenders.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Interesting point, the DB's did gamble quite often the last game....I hope they ate some good humble pie, because Andre Johnson is twice the receiver Roddy White is.

Exactly! If our corners play like that again then Andre Johnson is going to have a career day against us. Matt Shaub might be inconsistant but he knows how to find Johnson. I have faith in clements and Spencer but they need to be more disciplined and our front four need to get pressure.

Obviously you were watching the game but even though you had some fair points... WE DIDN'T PUT PRESSURE ENOUGH, most of the time it was a 4 man rush which obviously didn't get the job done. If you seen around the league,some qb's must be pressured... Too bad we didn't learn from the favre mistake

Originally posted by ninertico:
Nate Clements missed the tackle...poof, 90 yard TD. Remember, TO at Dallas? Same thing. He doesn't do it all the time, but he does screw up on occasion big time.

It wasn't about coverage. It was about tackling and doing their job. Clements lapsed pure and simple as one example.

Greed wasn't the issue.

Focus was.

I don't believe that was Nate's fault. Some of it was his fault, but I believe it was mostly the Safety's fault (Mark Roman) for not covering over the top. He let the receiver get behind him and it was merely a 10 yard pass. The angle he took on the play was just pathetic. In my opinion Nate played good defense. He was on Roddy the whole time, he just went for the deflection when he probably shouldn't have and missed.
[ Edited by ElDannMann on Oct 17, 2009 at 1:17 AM ]
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Nate Clements missed the tackle...poof, 90 yard TD. Remember, TO at Dallas? Same thing. He doesn't do it all the time, but he does screw up on occasion big time.

It wasn't about coverage. It was about tackling and doing their job. Clements lapsed pure and simple as one example.

Greed wasn't the issue.

Focus was.

I don't believe that was Nate's fault. Some of it was his fault, but I believe it was mostly the Safety's fault (Mark Roman) for not covering over the top. He let the receiver get behind him and it was merely a 10 yard pass. The angle he took on the play was just pathetic. In my opinion Nate played good defense. He was on Roddy the whole time, he just went for the deflection when he probably shouldn't have and missed.




Yes its roman noodles fault he has a habit of letting WR'S get behind him and analize him (see the vikes game )

Originally posted by matt49er:
not only greedy but stupid greedy, several times 9er DB's looked stupid trying to get the pick and giving up a big play. I believe this game will serve as a nice reality check and will do alot of good for the team as the season goes on.
how many times will the 9ers head coaches play Roman over a young guy because they believe he knows how to be in right spot? yes he's a veteran but he gets killed everytime, he might know where to be but he sure as hell sucks at getting there.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home