LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Over Reaction over Shaun Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ihab
  • Veteran
I don't know why everybody's over reacting over last weeks game. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY played well. Its like they didn't even show up.

Hill with good protection does great. He even has proven, with as bad of an OL that we have, he still gets the job done. Things just got out of control way to fast last week to recover.

One bad game doesn't mean the end of the season. I have faith in the coaches/team/Hill to prep a little better.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Someone put rocks in my plant.
No one is over-reacting to one game.
Search function
one bad game? Please name one good game. I can name one good quarter and that is about it. so one good quarter out of 5 games. Yup he is probowl material
Is it possible to change my screen name to onebadgame?
Originally posted by jreff22:

^^^

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 14, 2009 at 17:46:29 ]
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I remember 2 years ago a team being destoyed by the Vikings the QB threw 3 intereceptions that were taken back for touchdowns and the defense did not do much either. Everyone wanted the coach fired and the QB benched. Well Eli and Coughlin and the Giants defense stepped up a lot after that game but still played uneven throughout the season made it to the playoffs and won a superbowl.
Originally posted by nj9er:
I remember 2 years ago a team being destoyed by the Vikings the QB threw 3 intereceptions that were taken back for touchdowns and the defense did not do much either. Everyone wanted the coach fired and the QB benched. Well Eli and Coughlin and the Giants defense stepped up a lot after that game but still played uneven throughout the season made it to the playoffs and won a superbowl.

OMG your right

I was unaware this team has been littered with probowlers....guys were going to the SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Originally posted by ihab:
I don't know why everybody's over reacting over last weeks game. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY played well. Its like they didn't even show up.

Hill with good protection does great. He even has proven, with as bad of an OL that we have, he still gets the job done. Things just got out of control way to fast last week to recover.

One bad game doesn't mean the end of the season. I have faith in the coaches/team/Hill to prep a little better.

Dont forget our offense had 0 points in the first half vs the Lambs. 1 bad game? "Hill with good protection does great" so when has he done great? Our D is the one scoring points for us bro. What Hill has done good is not turn over the ball...how is he going to turn over the ball when he hands off the ball, throws to the feet, or way over a receivers head. Thats why we lead the league with three and outs. So NO he has not done great.

[ Edited by alpha81 on Oct 14, 2009 at 18:16:05 ]
Originally posted by ihab:

no one on offense played well because of hill
Sigh....Ok I'm going to agree that Hill has not played well at all. In fact he really is having some problems with getting the balls to the WR. Are people overreacting because we got blown out? Yeah, thats what Niner Talk is. Regardless, with Hill as our QB we are going to be limited in the passing game similar to the Ravens with Dilfer at QB. Good game manager but we all know he can't make all the throws. Does that man Alex should start? My answer is No, not necessarily.Alex has the physical tools but he is not a leader from what I have seen so far and his decision making is a question mark after having the past 2 years off. Thats said, Alex might be able to get the ball to the WR better than Hill.

I actually think Hill deserves to stay in there until after the Colts game. If he continues to struggle, Singletary needs to think about possibly making a change. We can't keep losing to non-division foes. if that continues we end up at 6-10 if we sweep our division. We also have games against the Colts , Packers, Cardinals and Eagles remainin and will have to put up a bunch of points in all of those games in order to win.
Share 49ersWebzone