LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

Is it lack of talent or Coaching for the O-lines failures?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it lack of talent or Coaching for the O-lines failures?

So we've spent some high draft picks on draft picks like on Snyder, Rachaal, Bass, Staley, and the O-line has been just pure trash... God we haven't had a good O-line since Steve Youngs days.... What is it?? Is it our scheme?? Is it the coaching?? The offense will continue to be crap until we fix the trenches no matter who's the starting QB.
A bit of both
blame it on the rain
our line coach has gotta go! Rachal was a nice surprise last yr, now we all have regressed!!
Where's the "Both" option?
Gotta blame it more on lack of talent. How many times are we gonna see Rachal, Baas, Snyder and occasionally even Pashos and Staley's name mentioned? Heck, Heitmann seems to be the only one I haven't seen any complaints about.

Singletary is a good HC so far, but even he seems to have too much confidence that his OL will be "one of the best in the league". Admit there's problems and make adjustments, replace players if he has to.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Gotta blame it more on lack of talent. How many times are we gonna see Rachal, Baas, Snyder and occasionally even Pashos and Staley's name mentioned? Heck, Heitmann seems to be the only one I haven't seen any complaints about.

Singletary is a good HC so far, but even he seems to have too much confidence that his OL will be "one of the best in the league". Admit there's problems and make adjustments, replace players if he has to.

That's the thing the team continues not to address the o line there isn't alot of wiggle room for improvement. Bass and Chilo have played just horrible. And we all demanded that the RT get addressed and the team decided not to address it. Gettign Marvel wasn't addressing the problem.
100% coaching. the blocking schemes are what is ruining things. this team TRIES to use the run to set up the pass. But we can not run effectively. Why is that? Because every damn run play has someone pulling to here and there. Just allow the damn OLine to straight up take their man out of the play. Isn't that the purpose of the nutcracker drill? So if we did that all in TC then why do we not do it in the game?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We were a better passing team last year under Martz. This is Jimmy Raye first shot at being a OC. He doesnot try to outsmart people and take advantage of what the Defense is giving. We are not running the ball well on 1st and second down, also not protecting the qb well, but we donot not look like we are as good as we were last year
Originally posted by valrod33:
blame it on the rain

blame it on the stars

We have a horrible O-Line Coach. Why you think he was run out of town everywhere else? Oh, and Raye, even a high school team could game plan a defense for his play calling. ZERO IMAGINATION and ZERO taking advantage of what the defense gives us.
We need to Roid our guys up.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We need to Roid our guys up.

im all for this

does anybody have jose cansecos number
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by valrod33:
blame it on the rain

blame it on the stars

blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol
Both our starting OG's are 2nd round picks and both are playing horribly. And then there are guys like Kyle Kosier and Harvey Dahl that left here to find success with other teams. So I think there is a good argument for coaching being the main problem.

But then I watch the game on Sundays and I just can't see imagine this line ever being competitive. Heitmann and Staley look solid for the most part, but everyone else looks like backups. I don't believe Snyder could ever be the road-grading RT we need for this offense and I don't believe Baas will ever be much of a pass blocker. So talent is also a factor imo.

I guess I'll say "both".
Share 49ersWebzone