There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Crabtree hit the ground running!?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Yup, he has been playing football all his life!

He should be fine, the real question is "is he already the best WR on our roster"?

He automatically becomes the best reciever on the team, no doubt.
I think it's a good idea that the coaching staff plans to have a simplified amount of play for him to run; putting him in the slot will serve him well. If he starts out good though, it should really cause defenses to be honest and will allow us to set up the run.
Originally posted by mayo63:

He should be fine, the real question is "is he already the best WR on our roster"?

Everybody falls their first time - Matrix
Hopefully he gets comfortable in the offense quickly, especially in the redzone, but Jimmy Raye needs to find ways to get him the ball in stride and allow him to make some plays.

With Crabtree and Gore on the field at the same time I'm sure it will open things up for Davis and Morgan

If Hill completes at least 4 passes to him for 60 yards or more, his first game will be a success. The worst he can do is no catches and poor performance blocking. I expect him to be prepared and have a good game. The effort will be there because he wants to prove to his teammates he is going all out..........
He'd better have a pro bowl year, or the "football geniuses" here will start calling him a bust and a waste of a draft pick.

• Mex49
Singletary and Scoty M's carreers are counting on it
you QB will make an average WR look like a star...
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

So you're saying Shaun Hill is really, really good?
Originally posted by MertonHanks:

i'm saying we need a damn good QB and it'll make any receiver look good!
not hill in particular cause i don't think he's the answer... i know we're sticking with him this year but we better start getting a QB in that we can groom to be the future...

not hill in particular cause i don't think he's the answer... i know we're sticking with him this year but we better start getting a QB in that we can groom to be the future...

Ahhh ok. Yeah, I agree. Maybe it's Nate, but we should still pick one up this draft too. I don't think we should spend a 1st unless it's Bradford.

Ahhh ok. Yeah, I agree. Maybe it's Nate, but we should still pick one up this draft too. I don't think we should spend a 1st unless it's Bradford.

For some reason i think Nate will be given a chance to run the first offense next year during pre season and camp...

For some reason i think Nate will be given a chance to run the first offense next year during pre season and camp...

Nate will beat out Hill and Smith in next years training camp.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home