There are 242 users in the forums

We've won big, barely won, barely loss, and lost big...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
all before the BYE week. With each and every one of those games, we are learning as a unit, coaches and players alike. It'll be interesting to see how this team responds after the bye week. Gore will be back, Crabtree will be playing, and a change at the line will all come into play. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more changes to that list.

As fans, I think we should all relax and take all of this in slowly. Let's stop asking for drastic changes, changes that require a whole off season to perfect. Let's stop throwing players under the bus, and leave it up to Coach Singletary to make the changes. I can almost guarantee that Coach Singletary knows more about football than the majority of us on the board. With that said, if there is a better situation with personnel, Coach Singletary has probably already entertained the idea. Unlike Nolan, he is willing to make changes, which he has done a lot of already in his short tenure as HC.

Let's look at the 2 days that have passed since the horrible loss to the Falcons. The 53 man roster has already changed, the practice squad has already changed, and Coach Singletary has already talked about making changes at RG. Not to mention the 180 degree turn Dre Bly has made in his mindset about "who he is."

The organization knows that changes are to be made, and they are doing so. So let's quit with the outrageous polls. I dare any one of you guys to sit back and watch the next week (not 2 weeks) unfold. I guarantee you that more changes will be made and progress will be promised.
I would just like to inform everybody that we are 3-2... And we didn't win our third game last year till week 11 and still almost made the playoffs. Yes we were 2-7 at a time last year people remember ?? STOP THE PANIC.

[ Edited by Faceless on Oct 13, 2009 at 21:17:01 ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
all before the BYE week. With each and every one of those games, we are learning as a unit, coaches and players alike. It'll be interesting to see how this team responds after the bye week. Gore will be back, Crabtree will be playing, and a change at the line will all come into play. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more changes to that list.

As fans, I think we should all relax and take all of this in slowly. Let's stop asking for drastic changes, changes that require a whole off season to perfect. Let's stop throwing players under the bus, and leave it up to Coach Singletary to make the changes. I can almost guarantee that Coach Singletary knows more about football than the majority of us on the board. With that said, if there is a better situation with personnel, Coach Singletary has probably already entertained the idea. Unlike Nolan, he is willing to make changes, which he has done a lot of already in his short tenure as HC.

Let's look at the 2 days that have passed since the horrible loss to the Falcons. The 53 man roster has already changed, the practice squad has already changed, and Coach Singletary has already talked about making changes at RG. Not to mention the 180 degree turn Dre Bly has made in his mindset about "who he is."

The organization knows that changes are to be made, and they are doing so. So let's quit with the outrageous polls. I dare any one of you guys to sit back and watch the next week (not 2 weeks) unfold. I guarantee you that more changes will be made and progress will be promised.

Yes, that's the bottom line.

Tards...Beat the NFC champs, division rival, in their house, on the opener...big high.

Minny...big low. No explanation needed.
Lambs..big high. Dominant comeback after the big low of Minny, a shutout.
Dirty Birds..big low. No explanation necessary.

This big low/high thing is a sign of a team that is still evolving. In transition from somewhere to somewhere else. What I see is the team has taken on the intensity of Singletary and they are still learning how to harness it and focus it. They have not mastered controlling that intensity, yet. They haven't come together, fully, yet. Sounds like Sing is going to make some adjustments for those who are struggling.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Yes, that's the bottom line.

Tards...Beat the NFC champs, division rival, in their house, on the opener...big high.

Minny...big low. No explanation needed.
Lambs..big high. Dominant comeback after the big low of Minny, a shutout.
Dirty Birds..big low. No explanation necessary.

This big low/high thing is a sign of a team that is still evolving. In transition from somewhere to somewhere else. What I see is the team has taken on the intensity of Singletary and they are still learning how to harness it and focus it. They have not mastered controlling that intensity, yet. They haven't come together, fully, yet. Sounds like Sing is going to make some adjustments for those who are struggling.

I agree! I think that there's a drastic change from Nolan to Singletary, and although it's a good thing, it's taking some of the players by surprise
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Faceless:
I would just like to inform everybody that we are 3-2... And we didn't win our third game last year till week 11 and still almost made the playoffs. Yes we were 2-7 at a time last year people remember ?? STOP THE PANIC.

That would be fine if the end of your story had us in the playoffs at the end of last year, unfortunately, we ended up at 7-9 which in istself is worthy of much panic and freaking out.

Our own coach told us that he had our team unprepared, and that he was outsmarted by the other coaching staff. Panic, f**king alarm bells and sirens are f**king going off.

What are you going to tell us when we are 3-3 and about to take on Manning and the Colts?
Share 49ersWebzone