There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmy Raye's #'s with other teams after 5 games

The problem I see with Raye is that he doesn't seem to plan the offensive attack to take advantage of the other teams defensive weakness. He seems to run the same plays regardless of what defense we are playing against.

In other words, there's no strategy, no offensive gameplan. It just seems odd.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
His first season as OC with the Redskins and Chiefs;

2001 Washington Redskins- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2001.htm First 5 games the Redskins avg roughly 180yds a game on offense but the last 11 they avg around 275yds a game.

1998 Kansas City Chiefs- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1998.htm First 5 games offensve avg around 250yds a game and the last 11 avg around 310yds a game.

So maybe there is hope, the Chiefs also had a bye week 6 in Raye's first year as OC. So maybe Raye does make some adjusments and/or the guys pick up the system and play better.

Just looking for some kind of hope......

Were any of those teams playoff bound ? I didnt have time to check, maybe someone can check for me. Sometimes these statistics can be misleading cause when a team is outside the playoff picture, they just let loose and bang out extra yards against more conservative playoff bound teams. Like I said, Im not sure what the end result was for both teams, but I wouldnt be surprised if both were outside looking in.

Look at the Niner teams from the past 2-3 years. Slow starts, strong finishes....all after we were eliminated from the playoff picture.
  • king32
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ZRF80:
His first season as OC with the Redskins and Chiefs;

2001 Washington Redskins- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2001.htm First 5 games the Redskins avg roughly 180yds a game on offense but the last 11 they avg around 275yds a game.

1998 Kansas City Chiefs- http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/1998.htm First 5 games offensve avg around 250yds a game and the last 11 avg around 310yds a game.

So maybe there is hope, the Chiefs also had a bye week 6 in Raye's first year as OC. So maybe Raye does make some adjusments and/or the guys pick up the system and play better.

Just looking for some kind of hope......

Were any of those teams playoff bound ? I didnt have time to check, maybe someone can check for me. Sometimes these statistics can be misleading cause when a team is outside the playoff picture, they just let loose and bang out extra yards against more conservative playoff bound teams. Like I said, Im not sure what the end result was for both teams, but I wouldnt be surprised if both were outside looking in.

Look at the Niner teams from the past 2-3 years. Slow starts, strong finishes....all after we were eliminated from the playoff picture.

Neither of those teams made the playoffs
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by elguapo:
that's good to know, considering Gore and Crabs will help and if the OL improves just a little we will be lights out.

Hopefully Brandon Jones can step it up and we see less of Issac Bruce who is hurting this team when he is on the field IMO and has been on the field way to much.

No to be a hater, but I dont see him doing anything special. Arnez#2.

Yeah I know I said hopefully, but yeah I worry that either Brandon Jones has fallen way behind after his injury and may never recover (this season) or maybe he just isn't that good to get on the field? I don't know, we'll see...
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
The problem I see with Raye is that he doesn't seem to plan the offensive attack to take advantage of the other teams defensive weakness. He seems to run the same plays regardless of what defense we are playing against.

In other words, there's no strategy, no offensive gameplan. It just seems odd.

Good point(s)