There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore to take Crabtree under his wing during the bye week.

Originally posted by DRnSFw:
So what's a RB gonna teach a WR, shouldn't Bruce take him under his wing, I mean he does need to learn the WR position not the RB position..

Because Gore is a class act, there is more to a WR than just teaching a guy routes etc...I'd rather have Gore teaching Crabtree how to play with heart just like Gore does
So what's a RB gonna teach a WR, shouldn't Bruce take him under his wing, I mean he does need to learn the WR position not the RB position..

As I've already said in this thread a few times, Gore knows how to run WR routes at an NFL level. He was split out wide last season and has been one of our better receivers for the last few years.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Having the best player on our offense help along our holdout rookie WR is not a bad thing. Also, keep in mind that Gore has been our best receiver over the past few years. There is plenty he can teach him.

Yeah, Gore is a 49er. Obviously all our players are Niners but you know what I mean. Gore can teach him some of the intricacies of his position, what the QB is thinking in certain situations, but most importantly--- what better person to teach Crabtree to be a 49er than Frank Gore?
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by King49er:
Who cares we lost Sheets today, season is over

Yup, I want wholesale changes now.

Raye out. S. Hill out. Nate Davis starting. Crabtree and Morgan as starters with J. Hill as the 3rd WR.

We lost a game and everone wants to start over? Let's see how everything comes together as we grow from week to week. This was a learning experience we need now rather than later
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giant9er:

Raye out. S. Hill out. Nate Davis starting. Crabtree and Morgan as starters with J. Hill as the 3rd WR.

We lost a game and everone wants to start over? Let's see how everything comes together as we grow from week to week. This was a learning experience we need now rather than later

We've been "growing" for 6 years now.

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

We're 3-2, 3-0 in our division, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
They showed several shots throughout the game of both Alex Smith and Frank Gore chatting it up hanging out with Crabtree on the sidelines. I liked seeing that.

liked seeing all three of them too
Teach Crab how to do public speaking...
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Teach Crab how to do public speaking...

I think Gore can help him with everything but THAT

it's not about the position. it's about playing in the NFL. Frank just wants to show Micheal what it takes to become a successful NFL player. "all the talent in world" doesn't always equate to a success in the NFL.

this is great news. i heart Franks leadership.
Originally posted by Winners:

We're 3-2, 3-0 in our division, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully one of the QB's will stay behind also to throw the ball to Crabtree. I know Hill isn't, but Smith or Davis would do.
Alex Smith staying also. The three will stay during the bye.
Link

"From 49ers; Gore, Crabtree & Alex Smith will stay during the bye week to work on offense"

[ Edited by luis1985 on Oct 13, 2009 at 16:35:21 ]
What's all this about taking off during the bye? Isn't the point of the bye that you get two straight weeks of practice?