There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore to take Crabtree under his wing during the bye week.

This is the best news I've heard all week. Aside from Nate Davis, we saw Crabs literally clinging to Gore on the sideline during the Falcons game.

Frank is pure class, he's poured his heart out during games, and has done some of the dirtiest/humbling duties on this team! I can't imagine a better mentor on the offense for Crabs (other than Bruce, but Bruce is distant, and he isn't getting close to anybody cause he knows he'll be done soon).
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
you think they're going to hit up the club?

Yeah the film room club. Also, Gore knows plenty of WR routes I'm sure.

Figuring we're using the digit system, I'm sure Crabs already knows the routes as is.

Does he know how to run them on an NFL level? Tricks for beating defenders? Yeah, Gore has nothing to teach him about receiving .

There are plenty of other things Gore can teach the kid to succeed in the NFL, it doesn't have to be about routes
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
What's he gonna teach him? How to get ankle sprains/strains?

That was out of line, but I just couldn't help it

How to catch a duck.

Genius
Who cares we lost Sheets today, season is over
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Figuring we're using the digit system, I'm sure Crabs already knows the routes as is.

Does he know how to run them on an NFL level? Tricks for beating defenders? Yeah, Gore has nothing to teach him about receiving .

There are plenty of other things Gore can teach the kid to succeed in the NFL, it doesn't have to be about routes

No one said it was just about routes. He can also teach him more about routes at an NFL level though, because we all know he's damn good as a receiver out of the backfield. Also, he was split out wide last year some of the time.
i would rather have read, "bruce to take crabtree under his wing".

hell, i would have even liked "battle to take crabtree under his wing".
They showed several shots throughout the game of both Alex Smith and Frank Gore chatting it up hanging out with Crabtree on the sidelines. I liked seeing that.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:

Yup, I want wholesale changes now.

Raye out. S. Hill out. Nate Davis starting. Crabtree and Morgan as starters with J. Hill as the 3rd WR.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

No one said it was just about routes. He can also teach him more about routes at an NFL level though, because we all know he's damn good as a receiver out of the backfield. Also, he was split out wide last year some of the time.

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not, it's been a long day
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
I really think it's great that he would do that. These two guy Are the future of this teams offense so it would only make sense that they would start working together.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This is the best news I've heard all week. Aside from Nate Davis, we saw Crabs literally clinging to Gore on the sideline during the Falcons game.

Frank is pure class, he's poured his heart out during games, and has done some of the dirtiest/humbling duties on this team! I can't imagine a better mentor on the offense for Crabs (other than Bruce, but Bruce is distant, and he isn't getting close to anybody cause he knows he'll be done soon).

what did i miss????
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by King49er:

Yup, I want wholesale changes now.

Raye out. S. Hill out. Nate Davis starting. Crabtree and Morgan as starters with J. Hill as the 3rd WR.

That might not be the worst thing in the world that could happen. Definitely not a smart move if you want your football team to be successful, but not the worst thing in the world.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
So what's a RB gonna teach a WR, shouldn't Bruce take him under his wing, I mean he does need to learn the WR position not the RB position..
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
So what's a RB gonna teach a WR, shouldn't Bruce take him under his wing, I mean he does need to learn the WR position not the RB position..

well i wouldnt have anyone else teach carbtree then gore, he has the biggest heart out there and gives you everything he has on every play. he never stops, thats what crabtree will learn from gore
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Having the best player on our offense help along our holdout rookie WR is not a bad thing. Also, keep in mind that Gore has been our best receiver over the past few years. There is plenty he can teach him.