There are 209 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Don't rely too much on Gore

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Our running game in serious trouble...

1. Gore is injured and his injuries may linger throughout the season. Take away those two long runs in Seattle, and we have just over 2 yards/carry.

2. Glen Coffee is ineffective. nothing there yet, and don't know if he ever will be

3. Kory sheets is plucked by the Dolphins

4. Michael Robinson cannot run.

5. The O-line is a shambles - can't even create a hole for a squirrel

6. You can't fix the O-line in two weeks when you have inept assistant coaches.

Don't believe everything will be fine when Gore returns ...


Well the GREAT thing about Gore is he can do the MOST with the LEAST. Peterson on our team with our OL....along with any other RB in the league could not do as well as Gore......so i'm not too worried. Gore can run AND catch, and his great value is that. There are a few great runners in the league but what NOBODY cannot deny is Gore has the least help, and he was leading in TD (tied) and 2nd or 3rd in yards ON OUR team with OUR OL. i love it.

A hobbled Gore is better than most starting rb's
Please exit the 49er bus and find another team. I guess Atlanta couldn't fix there problems on bye either?
What is Deshaun Foster up to? I understand he's not THE answer but I think he'd be a better backup than Coffee. At least until Coffee learns how to deal with the speed of the NFL and gains some field vision. Plus Foster did ok filling in for Gore when he was injured last year.. If Sing & Raye are going to be so stubborn about being a running team then we need to get some capable backs. Otherwise we need to get used to a season of nothing but 3 & outs... We need to use a 3rd or 4th rd draft pick to trade for a backup RB.. Or maybe sign Shaun Alexander to a minimum contract and see if he can carry the rock at least 10 times a game. I'm not suggesting any of these ideas are good, but we need to do something b/c Gore is too injury prone & Coffee has a few years until he's good.
  • king32
  • Info N/A
I know we haven't really seen Michael Robinson run the ball too effectively. But he can be a nice 3rd down back with his receiving and blocking abilities combined. Maybe they should consider more 3rd down packages with M-Rob to give Gore a blow and to let Coffee get more acclimated with the offense.
  • stewama
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:


1. Gore is injured and his injuries may linger throughout the season.

Frank Gore is 26 years old with a month to heal from an ankle sprain. His injuries MAY linger? If this is your #1 point, I won't bother reading on.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Our running game in serious trouble...

1. Gore is injured and his injuries may linger throughout the season. Take away those two long runs in Seattle, and we have just over 2 yards/carry.

2. Glen Coffee is ineffective. nothing there yet, and don't know if he ever will be

3. Kory sheets is plucked by the Dolphins

4. Michael Robinson cannot run.

5. The O-line is a shambles - can't even create a hole for a squirrel

6. You can't fix the O-line in two weeks when you have inept assistant coaches.

Don't believe everything will be fine when Gore returns ...

Why take away those two runs Gore had? He showed that he actually still has the speed he had in 06. Those are game changing, and he has homerun ability. Gore coming back obviously won't fix everything, but damn it'll help a lot. A lot of people like you take him for granted.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Our running game in serious trouble...

1. Gore is injured and his injuries may linger throughout the season. Take away those two long runs in Seattle, and we have just over 2 yards/carry.

2. Glen Coffee is ineffective. nothing there yet, and don't know if he ever will be

3. Kory sheets is plucked by the Dolphins

4. Michael Robinson cannot run.

5. The O-line is a shambles - can't even create a hole for a squirrel

6. You can't fix the O-line in two weeks when you have inept assistant coaches.

Don't believe everything will be fine when Gore returns ...


























































I'm wringing my hands, oh sleepless nights.
We don't have anything else to rely on for the offense. Have you watched this team the last few years?
Gore will continue his role of work horse when he gets back. Guaranteed
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We don't have anything else to rely on for the offense. Have you watched this team the last few years?

you took the words right out of my mouth. i'd like to hear OP's gameplan if we don't rely on gore?
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Our running game in serious trouble...

1. Gore is injured and his injuries may linger throughout the season. Take away those two long runs in Seattle, and we have just over 2 yards/carry.

2. Glen Coffee is ineffective. nothing there yet, and don't know if he ever will be

3. Kory sheets is plucked by the Dolphins

4. Michael Robinson cannot run.

5. The O-line is a shambles - can't even create a hole for a squirrel

6. You can't fix the O-line in two weeks when you have inept assistant coaches.

Don't believe everything will be fine when Gore returns ...

I'm with you. Ankle sprains can last an entire season and those that scoff at that obviously aren't familiar with this type of injury. As much as some practically deify Gore, he's human and there is no guarantee he won't buckle after his first run like he did earlier this year when he said it was fine. Sheets was our only true running back backup after Coffee, and MRob is not and never will be starting caliber. So, where does that leave us? THAT is the real question! A running team with a shortage of running backs that doesn't protect it's only viable backup and keeps an overabundance of receivers whom we don't even use. Perplexing.
Get a great o-line, and it doesn't really matter too much who your RB is. Actually, I think we would be wise to get a top 5 o-line and then plug in and rotate 3-4 serviceable RBs. No need for a game-changing RB.

This team must rely on Gore. And that's a bad thing, IMO.

[ Edited by dobophile on Oct 14, 2009 at 08:37:31 ]
Originally posted by king32:
I know we haven't really seen Michael Robinson run the ball too effectively. But he can be a nice 3rd down back with his receiving and blocking abilities combined. Maybe they should consider more 3rd down packages with M-Rob to give Gore a blow and to let Coffee get more acclimated with the offense.

I like robinson too but in 3 & short situations I want gore in there!!!!!!!
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Gore will continue his role of work horse when he gets back. Guaranteed

He HAS to if you hadn't noticed we are thin at RB, this thread is odd, the poster does not want to rely on Gore, Sing and Raye tell us we are a running team, but we only have 2 running backs on the roster!

We got Coffee and Gore and not much more!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home