LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Heard on KNBR on why we looked lost on the deep ball

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We better get this taken care of soon or it will be a very long rest of the year
Originally posted by NCommand:

We are seeing the results right now of this philosophy and out-dated offensive game-plan ...

It ALL starts with philosophy (at the top) and filters down to the field.

Shouldn't be difficult to understand. The main problem is Sing's philosophy.

[ Edited by singfan on Oct 13, 2009 at 13:32:43 ]
Why am I not surprised?
Bring in Shanahan, he won a Super Bowl like 13 years ago then did f**k all, he's perfect for the job....
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
wtf does he mean we dont practice them? that is unbelievable, whats the chances of norv turner gettting fired and us hiring him as our oc next year?

Probably better day after day, game after game
Originally posted by singfan:

We are seeing the results right now of this philosophy and out-dated offensive game-plan ...

We've got no coaching, and a glorified motivator.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We don't practice it because the QB cant throw them. He does throw for the punt team when Andy Lee has a tired leg.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
shoulda kept Martz

And Joe should have never retired
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
shoulda kept Martz

And Joe should have never retired

What is sad is that Joe could probably come back and do no worse than the QBing we have seen lately
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by singfan:

As opposed to your philosophy? Why you think that you have a better idea of what it takes to win a football game at the NFL level is beyond me. You simply do not, you are some fan, sitting by your computer, with no real NFL experience. I don't mind discussing the game, the approach, but your constant complaints on Singletary have gotten really old. You should try actually stating something that ads to the conversation. Such as....

The OL is, once again, one of worst in the league. With no time to throw, the deep ball is being thrown too early or too late. Did you see how long Matt Ryan had to throw the ball?

Our team is not capable of throwing the long ball. Therefore they don't practice it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Our team is not capable of throwing the long ball. Therefore they don't practice it.

Hill led the league last year in 20+ yard passes after he took over, not every ball has to be a 60 yard bomb.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Hill led the league last year in 20+ yard passes after he took over, not every ball has to be a 60 yard bomb.

You got a link for that stat because i have a hard time believing that he did better than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 13, 2009 at 14:49:29 ]
I've suspected this. Even in practice Raye calls more running plays. It's pathetic. You can't impose your will on defenses with the run if your O-line isn't good enough. You would think at this point Sing and Raye would realize this and implement a more balanced offense, but noooooo. They're too hard up for the run.

It's no wonder Hill and the receivers are so out of sync. Funny how they had no problem running a Mike Martz offense.

Gee, I wonder if Raye's history of mediocrity (and that's generous) has anything to do with it.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

You got a link for that stat because i have a hard time believing that he did better than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

-9fA

let me find it for you
Share 49ersWebzone