LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Heard on KNBR on why we looked lost on the deep ball

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know which player it was but they said

"The reason that we didn't do well at all during those plays, is that we didn't practice those"

Is Raye this stubborn not to practice the deep ball? No wonder Hill looks so lost out there on deep routes, if you don't practice them how are you supposed to connect with your receivers?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

"The reason that we didn't do well at all during those plays, is that we didn't practice those"

Is Raye this stubborn not to practice the deep ball? No wonder Hill looks so lost out there on deep routes, if you don't practice them how are you supposed to connect with your receivers?

This is not the philosophy of our HC. We're going to run, even when they know we're going to run, remember?

Its all coming to light...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by singfan:

This is not the philosophy of our HC. We're going to run, even when they know we're going to run, remember?

We have a 56% pass to run ratio! Well if you include the sacks as a pass play. But doesn't include Hill's scrambles as called pass plays.

See please stop with the all we do is run mumbo jumbo! ALL OF YOU!
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for YungBird.
Originally posted by krizay:

We have a 56% pass to run ratio! Well if you include the sacks as a pass play. But doesn't include Hill's scrambles as called pass plays.

See please stop with the all we do is run mumbo jumbo! ALL OF YOU!

Yea srsly we pass that's not the problem, the problem is the Falcons took away our medium/short passes and made us go down the field and we couldn't..this explains on WHY we have so much trouble with the medium/deep passes, we don't f**king practice them!

wtf does he mean we dont practice them? that is unbelievable, whats the chances of norv turner gettting fired and us hiring him as our oc next year?
I am sorry to say but this is what Singletary wants

Coach what is you offensive strategy?

We are going to run the ball!

What happens when that doesn't work? Contingency plan?

There isn't one. We are going to run the ball!
has anyone thought that we have a higher pass percentage based no the fact that towards the end of the game, all we are doing is trying to play catch up? I want to see what the run:pass percentage is for the first quarter, second quarter, third and fourth
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I think that Raye might be as bad,or worse than Hostler. There I said it.

Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
I am sorry to say but this is what Singletary wants

Coach what is you offensive strategy?

We are going to run the ball!

What happens when that doesn't work? Contingency plan?

There isn't one. We are going to run the ball!

I think it has more to do with Raye not trusting Hill

So when we were winning, you were nowhere to be found, but the minute we lose a bad one you come crawling out of the woodworks....quite shocking...
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I think that Raye might be as bad,or worse than Hostler. There I said it.

Every week that we play I'm starting to believe the same thing

It was also reported that when Coffee came to the 49ers, he liked to bounce it outside and Raye ripped him a new one ensuring he ONLY run up the gut (ala Gore too). The commentators last Sunday were perplexed by this. Hmmmmm
Hopefully Sing will realize that the team needs to be aggessive passing the ball too, we need to find balance and make this team a force to be reckoned with again.
Share 49ersWebzone