There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The disappearance of Parys Haralson

Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by Pogity:
His good game against the Cardinals was a fluke. Their RT, Mike Gandy, sucks turns out. He gets owned every game.

true but teams could just be better prparing themselves for haralson at this point

While i do think teams around the league are aware of Haralson's game, i don't think that he's reached that level yet.

-9fA
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

IMO He's a stud still. 9 sacks by years end.

LMAO. And yet Manny Lawson is ranked 36th or of 48 (some of them injured) and yet, we're willing to accept him as a great player in all facets in the 3-4 save for the pass rush? Ahhhh, the hypocrisy!

It's probably because all Parys brings to the table is pass rushing ability, so if he isn't getting sacks, he has little value. I've pretty much accepted that Lawson will probably be a 5-6 sack per year guy.
  • NonComposMentis
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Were we a little premature in extending Haralson?

After what seemed to be a promising second half last year, we gave him a 4yr/$15M deal with $6.5M guaranteed.

He had a great game against the Cardinals but since then, he's been non-existent. I think i remember his name being called on Special Teams yesterday, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

-9fA

He only has one move and they figured that out after the AZ game. It wasn't hard.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Speaking of TBC he had a nice sack last week that almost helped the Pats win and is playing pretty good again. What the heck?

Parys
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck
2009 San Francisco 49ers 5 5 13 9 4 1.0

TBC
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck
2009 New England Patriots 5 2 10 7 3 3.0
2008 San Francisco 49ers 12 0 18 12 6 0.5
2007 San Francisco 49ers 16 10 41 30 3.5

He doesn't play in a vanilla 3-4 scheme anymore. Proof? Starts out at NE, plays well. Comes here and sucks. Goes back to NE and he's good again. Pretty simple if you ask me and NE has lost a TON of key guys in their 3-4 over the years. Scheme.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Speaking of TBC he had a nice sack last week that almost helped the Pats win and is playing pretty good again. What the heck?

Parys
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck
2009 San Francisco 49ers 5 5 13 9 4 1.0

TBC
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck
2009 New England Patriots 5 2 10 7 3 3.0
2008 San Francisco 49ers 12 0 18 12 6 0.5
2007 San Francisco 49ers 16 10 41 30 3.5

He doesn't play in a vanilla 3-4 scheme anymore. Proof? Starts out at NE, plays well. Comes here and sucks. Goes back to NE and he's good again. Pretty simple if you ask me and NE has lost a TON of key guys in their 3-4 over the years. Scheme.

Yeah he is playing well......that hybrid crap we ran was a detriment to all.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

IMO He's a stud still. 9 sacks by years end.

LMAO. And yet Manny Lawson is ranked 36th or of 48 (some of them injured) and yet, we're willing to accept him as a great player in all facets in the 3-4 save for the pass rush? Ahhhh, the hypocrisy!

It's probably because all Parys brings to the table is pass rushing ability, so if he isn't getting sacks, he has little value. I've pretty much accepted that Lawson will probably be a 5-6 sack per year guy.

But the truth is Haralson was ranked 2nd against the run on his side and has, what 2-3 times the pressures and hits Lawson has? And Lawson has rarely been used in coverage. But in terms of overall pressures, sacks and game-changing plays (strips, recoveries, INT's, etc.) these two, collectively, haven't done much despite rushes the QB over 55% of the time. Same 'ol.