LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 363 users in the forums

The disappearance of Parys Haralson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by matt49er:
Def not premature he has had 2 nice years coming off the bench and he did not get much money. He didn't look bad the 1st couple games but has disappeared since I still believe he will end the season with 8-12 sacks

LOL. We will never have a double digit sack player in this system with these players.
We need to draft Eric Norwood for sure to push Haralson and Lawson.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Were we a little premature in extending Haralson?

After what seemed to be a promising second half last year, we gave him a 4yr/$15M deal with $6.5M guaranteed.

He had a great game against the Cardinals but since then, he's been non-existent. I think i remember his name being called on Special Teams yesterday, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

-9fA

Good question, pretty non existent sunday
Just an observation... Haralson tries to speed rush every single time I see him. Maybe he should try to fake speed rush and rip right and go to the inside. He can speed rush slow guys all he wants but quick footed guys it probably won't work.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah this dude had a good opening game and then pretty much has disappeared.
Originally posted by Ram9er:
All he does is run around the tackle and the qb when the ball is snapped. He ends up like 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage all the time. Where are the spin moves?

TBC patented them and took them with him to the Patriots.
isnt he getting double teamed?
Parys Haralson will be fine, i still think he will be an 8-12 sack guy...... but they probably will come in 2or 3 at a time
Originally posted by miked1978:
We need to draft Eric Norwood for sure to push Haralson and Lawson.

Agree 100%
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pogity:
His good game against the Cardinals was a fluke. Their RT, Mike Gandy, sucks turns out. He gets owned every game.

true but teams could just be better prparing themselves for haralson at this point

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

IMO He's a stud still. 9 sacks by years end.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

IMO He's a stud still. 9 sacks by years end.

LMAO. And yet Manny Lawson is ranked 36th or of 48 (some of them injured) and yet, we're willing to accept him as a great player in all facets in the 3-4 save for the pass rush? Ahhhh, the hypocrisy!
Originally posted by Ram9er:
All he does is run around the tackle and the qb when the ball is snapped. He ends up like 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage all the time. Where are the spin moves?

Tully Banta-Cain took those with him when he went back to the Pats. He owns that move.

Speaking of TBC he had a nice sack last week that almost helped the Pats win and is playing pretty good again. What the heck?

Parys
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck
2009 San Francisco 49ers 5 5 13 9 4 1.0

TBC
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck
2009 New England Patriots 5 2 10 7 3 3.0
2008 San Francisco 49ers 12 0 18 12 6 0.5
2007 San Francisco 49ers 16 10 41 30 3.5
Share 49ersWebzone