There are 225 users in the forums

The disappearance of Parys Haralson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

Whoa. Brooks is higher than Lawson?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

What's the definition of a QB pressure? Since the 'Zona game, it's not like he's been a complete disruptive force...

Regardless, i know that it's the be all and end all but Haralson still only has 1 sack on the season.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 12, 2009 at 22:24:05 ]
Perhaps teams are starting to gameplan against him? Maybe just a bit?
Originally posted by Ram9er:
Where are the spin moves?

in NE.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by postonhater:
Two TFLs yesterday. That ain't bad.

We're not paying him for tackles.

At this point, i think it's evident that we need to splurge a high draft pick on an OLB. Manny i think we should be able to re-sign on the cheap but if we don't we'll need greater depth.

-9fA

Aside from a slightly higher chance at creating a turnover, isn't a TFL the same result as a sack?
Originally posted by Gavintech:

At this point, i think it's evident that we need to splurge a high draft pick on an OLB. Manny i think we should be able to re-sign on the cheap but if we don't we'll need greater depth.

-9fA

Aside from a slightly higher chance at creating a turnover, isn't a TFL the same result as a sack?

the "sack" is just a more glorified word in the NFL
That sucks that he's missing, he was looking like a solid player. RIP

-9fA

correct.

tackles are sort of insignificant. but tackles for a loss are huge, even if it is a few players in on it, they were all in the backfield.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

-9fA

the "sack" is just a more glorified word in the NFL

Exactly. They are both TFL's.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

in NE.

-9fA

Good point

-9fA
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

in NE.

Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by obx49:
Were we a little premature in extending Haralson?

After what seemed to be a promising second half last year, we gave him a 4yr/$15M deal with $6.5M guaranteed.

He had a great game against the Cardinals but since then, he's been non-existent. I think i remember his name being called on Special Teams yesterday, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

-9fA

I don't think we re-signed Haralson to be that elite pass rusher we've been longing for. I do think however, you will see a lot more production from Haralson when we do sign/draft that elite pass rusher.

If we draft/sign an elite pass rusher he will most likely be replacing Haralson and not Manny

not too sure about that... Im predicting/hoping that we end up signing Jerry Hughes with our 2nd 1st rounder, and if nobody else really stands out, I'd be willing to go after Eric Norwood in the 3rd round if he's still on the board.

Coming away with Hughes would be a solid draft pick, but coming away with both, now that would give us some true weapons coming off the edges.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
He's a situational pass rusher that has been asked to be a 3 down LBer.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by obx49:
Were we a little premature in extending Haralson?

After what seemed to be a promising second half last year, we gave him a 4yr/$15M deal with $6.5M guaranteed.

He had a great game against the Cardinals but since then, he's been non-existent. I think i remember his name being called on Special Teams yesterday, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

-9fA

I don't think we re-signed Haralson to be that elite pass rusher we've been longing for. I do think however, you will see a lot more production from Haralson when we do sign/draft that elite pass rusher.

If we draft/sign an elite pass rusher he will most likely be replacing Haralson and not Manny

not too sure about that... Im predicting/hoping that we end up signing Jerry Hughes with our 2nd 1st rounder, and if nobody else really stands out, I'd be willing to go after Eric Norwood in the 3rd round if he's still on the board.

Coming away with Hughes would be a solid draft pick, but coming away with both, now that would give us some true weapons coming off the edges.

I only meant starting over Haralson. It seems to me Lawson has more value in all other aspects of playing OLB except for pass rushing. If we get some1 like Hughes and he magically produces right away I think it will have a domino effect on all the LB/DE's as far as creating pressure, just like the juiced up Merriman used to do
Share 49ersWebzone