There are 147 users in the forums

The disappearance of Parys Haralson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Were we a little premature in extending Haralson?

After what seemed to be a promising second half last year, we gave him a 4yr/$15M deal with $6.5M guaranteed.

He had a great game against the Cardinals but since then, he's been non-existent. I think i remember his name being called on Special Teams yesterday, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

-9fA
Def not premature he has had 2 nice years coming off the bench and he did not get much money. He didn't look bad the 1st couple games but has disappeared since I still believe he will end the season with 8-12 sacks
I've been kinda wondering the same thing. Where the heck has he been the past few weeks? When there have been sacks or pressures, I don't recall his number being mentioned. Very disappointing, considering he was our greatest hope as a pass rusher entering the season.
Two TFLs yesterday. That ain't bad.
He is signed cheap also. So it isnt a big deal
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
His good game against the Cardinals was a fluke. Their RT, Mike Gandy, sucks turns out. He gets owned every game.
Originally posted by postonhater:
Two TFLs yesterday. That ain't bad.

We're not paying him for tackles.

At this point, i think it's evident that we need to splurge a high draft pick on an OLB. Manny i think we should be able to re-sign on the cheap but if we don't we'll need greater depth.

-9fA
Yeah since the Cardinals game he has been pretty quiet
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

After what seemed to be a promising second half last year, we gave him a 4yr/$15M deal with $6.5M guaranteed.

He had a great game against the Cardinals but since then, he's been non-existent. I think i remember his name being called on Special Teams yesterday, but that's about it.

Thoughts?

-9fA

I don't think we re-signed Haralson to be that elite pass rusher we've been longing for. I do think however, you will see a lot more production from Haralson when we do sign/draft that elite pass rusher.

• Ram9er
  • Info N/A
All he does is run around the tackle and the qb when the ball is snapped. He ends up like 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage all the time. Where are the spin moves?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=OLB4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

Looks good to me.
He had a down game yesterday like all the team but we didn't get a push up the middle so our outside rush was even less effective.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes doing awsome

out of all 3-4 OLB
qb pressure- T-1
Qb hit- 3
ratings in run- 1st
rating in pass- 3rd
overall 2nd

Looks good to me.

I agree I think he'll have better games.... Thanks for the awesome link........spikes and Willis are ranked 2nd and 3rd for ILBs.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Thoughts?

-9fA

I don't think we re-signed Haralson to be that elite pass rusher we've been longing for. I do think however, you will see a lot more production from Haralson when we do sign/draft that elite pass rusher.

If we draft/sign an elite pass rusher he will most likely be replacing Haralson and not Manny
Share 49ersWebzone