There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sing Says "We Were Out-smarted ..... "

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BHulman:
I remember when the Niners use to "out-smart" people on a regular basis. Sadly, you have to bit of an old-timer to remember it now.

I remember when they out smarted the opponent before the game even started, like everything a balance is needed and frankly with some of the personnel outsmarting might be a more effective approach then trying to playa power game with a bunch of shlubs
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by teeohh:
We need to get more creative with the play calling. We hardly ever run outside it is ridiculous. I hope they realize we can't be a running team with that line. Changes need to be made.

its sad when I know what the next play is going to be... and I can tell the D is ready for it

Exactly! There is absolutely no element of surprise nor is there any creativeness in Raye's offense. Some hated Martz last year, but his offense with a limited amount of talent that he inherited, moved the ball and had some finesse. He trusted his QB to make the play and never made Shaun Hill do something he couldn't do. What a mistake to let him go. I bet most here who hated on Martz before, now wish that he is still the OC. Now we're stuck with the boring conservative crap that does nothing but lose games for us.
We outsmarted teams before the game started. The thing that amazed me the most about the 49ers of 80's and 90's was how much better prepared they were than almost every team they played. Now we have to resort to being physical and and hoping the opponent doesn't outsmart us. That works very well against teams like Rams and Seahawks. Against the more talented and smarter teams who know how to prepare for an opponent it's another story. All this physical and tough talk takes you so far. Talent and smart coaching is what wins in this league.
I'm pretty sure that's just Sing owning up to the piss-poor job of the coaches getting the team ready. I don't think its veiled at all, and I don't think he's excluding himself.
I remember when the Niners use to "out-smart" people on a regular basis. Sadly, you have to bit of an old-timer to remember it now.

Yeah, remember when the opposing defence used to start scratching their heads and yelling at each other, all because Montana was outsmarting them every play? It was beautiful to watch!

+1
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think he was just trying to take some heat off the players and assume some of the blame himself, unlike his smug predecessor who was never wrong.

[ Edited by BobS on Oct 12, 2009 at 20:16:47 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
So do you think we'll go Redskins style and hire a veteran offensive consultant?

Or Niners style?
We need to get more creative with the play calling. We hardly ever run outside it is ridiculous. I hope they realize we can't be a running team with that line. Changes need to be made.

If changes aren't made after the bye then we will be under 500 for the season. If we do adjust and shore up our holes, like ATL did, then we will make the playoffs. This is a very important bye week.
I don't think Singletary is running from blame at all. By saying players and coaches he's making everyone accountable.
There are plenty of ways to be a running team without just runnign up the gut and I hope Singletary starts to realize that.

We need an offensive coordinator with a vision and creativity.

Sign big time free agent on the line, draft a Qb with Carolinas pick and draft another player on the o-line with our other 1st round pick.

we can hardly be a passing team with that o-line too.

Shall we move to the option?
this is exactly why we need the west coast offense back with the 49ers. at least the qb can get rid of the ball quicker with the 3 and 5 step drops but also control and attack at the same time. no creativity to raye's offense. he doesnt anticipate what the defense will do fast enough if not at all. holmgren or shanahan might be calling soon!
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
How hard could it possibly be to out-smart Jimmy Raye.