There are 156 users in the forums

Which position upgrade would help the team this year with a realistic trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which position upgrade would help the team this year with a realistic trade?

Please make your choice and explain why. Thanks.
  • B650
  • Veteran
All of the above.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I would say QB!

Get us a real QB. Then leave our TE in to block. That gives us 6 blockers at the line and possibly the RB.

This is what we've done 2 of the past 3 years and had a semblance of a passing game. Even if that means adding a blocking TE and sending Vern out. But we obviously need help blocking.

But since we can't get a real QB at this point. I would say RT. But since we can't get a RT at this point. I'll just say a blocking TE to help with pass protection. (assuming they still want to use Vern as a receiver.)
  • king32
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by krizay:
I would say QB!

Get us a real QB. Then leave our TE in to block. That gives us 6 blockers at the line and possibly the RB.

This is what we've done 2 of the past 3 years and had a semblance of a passing game. Even if that means adding a blocking TE and sending Vern out. But we obviously need help blocking.

But since we can't get a real QB at this point. I would say RT. But since we can't get a RT at this point. I'll just say a blocking TE to help with pass protection. (assuming they still want to use Vern as a receiver.)

I totally agree with leaving in a TE to block. Although Vernon has been our most reliable receiver up to this point, any combination of 5 guys we currently have on the 53-man roster is not getting the job done in pass protection.
I would say QB!

Agree with this. QB won't work because they wouldn't know the playbook. I'd like to see us get a RT or RG, but even a blocking TE would be good. I don't understand why we only have 2 TEs and they're both basically recievers. I dunno, a trade would be nice and all but they are going to have to get this figured out some how or another. I think using the bye week as a mini training camp for the offense would be good, the defense needs rest because they're always getting exhausted because of the 3 and outs.
QB switch and i'm not talking about letting Smith start either!
I would say QB!

How much would it cost to have Bajema back??
O line. The line is playing terrible. No holes for the run game.
Has anyone seen the protection Matt Ryan had? That's how you have an effective run game and your QB has time to find an open receiver.

Now compare that to our line, Shaun was constantly under pressure.
We need some OL talent bad! maybe a new OC/OL Coach too......
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
We need some OL talent bad! maybe a new OC/OL Coach too......

I voted for Oline....for weeks we have been hearing about the Oline having communication problems....Also people, fans and in the league say heitmann is a very good center....I think we need a bigger/better center to a power running team...heitmann and the guards are not on the same page

It's so obviously the O-Line.
I don't know what type of player we could get in a realistic trade this year. trades in the nfl are rare and do not happen during the middle of the year usually.
QB. S. Hill has done well but if the 49ers were to make it to playoff I personally believe we need to sign a QB that can get the ball to the receivers faster and with much more "zip" on it than S. Hill

we need to go after Jeff Garcia or even swing a trade for M.Vick. Philly has made it clear that he's only there for this 1yr only. we need way better play from QB and OL for us to do better and to give the D some time to rest up.
also we need to see what are the Cleve Browns are asking for E.Wright. we need better play at CB. we're giving up way too many big plays.

lets raid teams whom are doing shh.....ty and are willing to dump players in attempts to rebuild.
Without a doubt, O-line is our biggest need and we have a whole bunch of WR's to offer in trade (Ziegler, Spurlock, Battle, or J. Hill). A starting QB isn't something you acquire in mid season. Personally, I wouldn't mind a blocking TE either.
Share 49ersWebzone