There are 391 users in the forums

Another 3-2 start....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Listen here fellow---you're like the 100th zoner who has brought up this past example. And it's been brought up thousands of times during this decade...

WE ARE NOT THE 1994 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

WE ARE NOT EVEN 1/100TH OF THE TALENT OF THAT TEAM.

THERE'S NO COMPARISON.

True except we have a better D and RB

How can you say this team has a better defense than the 94 team? I think you need to do a little research. I like Gore, but Watters was more of a threat, especially catching the ball out of the backfield. You would be hard pressed to find anyone from the current team that would start for the 94 squad other than Willis.

This team has a good defense, but the '94 team had better defense. In fact, they pretty much had better everything. Just look at the 2 cornerbacks: Deion Sanders and Eric Davis. Did you ever see Deion Sanders play 10 yards off, try to make a play, miss a tackle, and not be able to catch a WR from behind? Never in my life did I see that. Nothing against Clements, but he isn't Deion. He isn't even Eric Davis. Maybe he's Tyrone Drakeford though. You want more comparisons? McDonald and Hanks vs Goldson and Lewis. I won't even go into the DL comparisons. The only area that MIGHT be better on this year's squad is our LBs.

We dominated in all phases of the game back then. Why we're even comparing the two teams at this point, I have no idea. We started out 3-2 in 1999 and ended up 4-12. Starting out 3-2 doesn't mean anything.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Listen here fellow---you're like the 100th zoner who has brought up this past example. And it's been brought up thousands of times during this decade...

WE ARE NOT THE 1994 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

WE ARE NOT EVEN 1/100TH OF THE TALENT OF THAT TEAM.

THERE'S NO COMPARISON.

True except we have a better D and RB

How can you say this team has a better defense than the 94 team? I think you need to do a little research. I like Gore, but Watters was more of a threat, especially catching the ball out of the backfield. You would be hard pressed to find anyone from the current team that would start for the 94 squad other than Willis.

Gore is more of a threat than Watters, Smith on DL would start, Willis would easily start, Spikes would be a close one to start, Clements would start opposite Deion, Bly could start at nickel.....i think you may need to do some research yourself
Share 49ersWebzone