There are 170 users in the forums

Another 3-2 start....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Agreed. IF we make adjustments and beat the Texans all will be forgotten. BTW the past 5 years we wouldn't have came close to beating the Vikes and home and comeback and smash a team were supposed to smash. Its a tragic loss. The Pats were smoked 38-13 in 03 the year they won the superbowl. Good teams have bad days.

That's a big if, especially if Roman is going to be starting.

I dont think Roman is worse than Lewis in coverage at all. Lewis is far superior at run support but Roman is the better blitzer IMO, so while we loose some in run defense we gain in pass defense. Personally I would rather see Smith take over at FS and put Goldson at SS.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Agreed. IF we make adjustments and beat the Texans all will be forgotten. BTW the past 5 years we wouldn't have came close to beating the Vikes and home and comeback and smash a team were supposed to smash. Its a tragic loss. The Pats were smoked 38-13 in 03 the year they won the superbowl. Good teams have bad days.

I dont think Roman is worse than Lewis in coverage at all. Lewis is far superior at run support but Roman is the better blitzer IMO, so while we loose some in run defense we gain in pass defense. Personally I would rather see Smith take over at FS and put Goldson at SS.

Agreed.

Agreed.

the only player better on this team than any lb on the 94 team is patrick willis and no the season isn't over but comparing these two teams is getting rediculous
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Trajik1:
1994 The Niners defeated the Raiders, Rams, and Saints, 3 easy teams, lost the KC, before being embarassed by the Eagles @ home 40-8. We came back and won 10 straight after that. So you can throw the towel in if you want, but we've been hear before, we'll get past it, we'll get better from it.

PS We outscored ATL 92-17 that year lol.

These comparisons make me want to scream! The 94 team had 10 pro bowlers on it and had lost to the eventual Super Bowl winning Cowboys in the NFC title game! Since it was the second best team in the NFL the year before, the 40-8 drubbing and 3-2 record were a shock and major embarrassment. This year's team is coming off a 7-9 season, with a pie throwing career 3rd string QB, and maybe 2 pro bowlers. A 3-2 record is an improvement and getting blown out 45-10 by a play-off team from the year prior should not be a shock. How numerous zoners keep comparing the situations is baffling.

That my man; is hilarious and succinct wording! Damn, you ever see those pies coming out of the pocket, when there is one? 7 out of 10 balls Hill throws are like the ones I used to throw in lot games, all wobbly and nasty..

Nothin is going to change till MS either; gets rid of Raye, he changes his view and realizes this is NOT a power running team, and most of all... what will he do, what can he do, with the Oline during the bye?? I don't think much, those guys just can't block very well at all, especially without having VD on Hills right side to help out.

So much for our vaunted tight end play maker this year if they expect Hill to make it through couple more games.

MS has done everything he can motavationally, he's goin to have to tone that down so it doesn't lose it's power to influence. That leaves us with players making plays, especially the Oline.. man Chilio just looked loast yesterday, it was SO glaring..

Oh well wish for the best ya?

I was at that 94 Eagles game too, man Young was so pissed, but as many have said; There is NO team comparison. Thanks for the optimism though!!

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Trajik1:
1994 The Niners defeated the Raiders, Rams, and Saints, 3 easy teams, lost the KC, before being embarassed by the Eagles @ home 40-8. We came back and won 10 straight after that. So you can throw the towel in if you want, but we've been hear before, we'll get past it, we'll get better from it.

PS We outscored ATL 92-17 that year lol.

unlikely to win 10 straight but maybe around the border lines of 7-8 games if we fix the problems on the o-line & every body gets their ish together!!!

St Louis can be our ATL of this year 92-13

Wow we had legendary players on that 94 team.
what happend to the other times we started 3-2 and never even made the playoffs? lol
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Imfasterrthanurr:
Wow, so much negativity. The man isn't saying that we are the reincarnation of the 1994 superbowl team, he's just trying to inject some optimism for the fans here that have already thrown in the towel.

It's just a bad reference/example.

I can see why you would think that.

The 94 team won the super bowl, however go back to that time and I'm sure that no one knew they would win the superbowl. Yes, they had steve young and Jerry Rice, but steve young had only led the niners for 2 years prior too that. Ricky watters was in his 2nd or 3rd year, william floyd was a rookie...

No one knew for sure what they would do. A lot of it is in how you respond. Sometiems, you prepare, and you get it wrong...they aren't perfect but I have faith that they'll get it right this week. They know now, that they aren't back yet.

GO niners!
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
what happend to the other times we started 3-2 and never even made the playoffs? lol

logic overload. I actually think it is disrespectful to past Great Niner teams to try to make these silly little comparisons

• ZRF80
The 94 team had come off of 2 NFC Championship losses, boasted 8 probowlers, and stumbled because of injuries.

The 09 team has one of the worst offenses in the NFL, is last for 3rd down conversions, and has got their asses handed to them by 2 winning teams.

We're comparing apples to oranges. I know you're trying to reference that good teams dig themselves out of tight spots, but keep in mind that the 1994 team was using a shovel while the 09 team is using a plastic fork for that dig.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
The 94 team had come off of 2 NFC Championship losses, boasted 8 probowlers, and stumbled because of injuries.

The 09 team has one of the worst offenses in the NFL, is last for 3rd down conversions, and has got their asses handed to them by 2 winning teams.

We're comparing apples to oranges. I know you're trying to reference that good teams dig themselves out of tight spots, but keep in mind that the 1994 team was using a shovel while the 09 team is using a plastic fork for that dig.

asses handed to them by 2 winning teams......the vikings didnt murder the 49ers buddy
Originally posted by franchise253:
We have Steve Young and Jerry Rice all of a sudden?

Oh wait, we have Shaun Hill and Josh Morgan.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Listen here fellow---you're like the 100th zoner who has brought up this past example. And it's been brought up thousands of times during this decade...

WE ARE NOT THE 1994 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

WE ARE NOT EVEN 1/100TH OF THE TALENT OF THAT TEAM.

THERE'S NO COMPARISON.

True except we have a better D and RB
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Listen here fellow---you're like the 100th zoner who has brought up this past example. And it's been brought up thousands of times during this decade...

WE ARE NOT THE 1994 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

WE ARE NOT EVEN 1/100TH OF THE TALENT OF THAT TEAM.

THERE'S NO COMPARISON.

True except we have a better D and RB

How can you say this team has a better defense than the 94 team? I think you need to do a little research. I like Gore, but Watters was more of a threat, especially catching the ball out of the backfield. You would be hard pressed to find anyone from the current team that would start for the 94 squad other than Willis.
Share 49ersWebzone