There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I know 99% of the Zone hate Lynch but this is worth reading RE:oFfense (UPDATED)

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Sad thing is if Hill knew before the game he shouldn't of been misreading coverages like he was, he was bad.

what? most of the coverages the WR/TE didn't even turn around for the ball, did you watch the game?

Please refer to several others of my post as I was on the sideline for the game. To explain it simply, the WR/TE's weren't turning around on the plays (more than half the time btw) bc Hill was reading one thing while they were reading another for example all but ONE hot route that Hill threw as a Hot route was the wrong read and that's why Vernon and others didn't turn around bc they went to run the called route and Hill threw the Hot route. I think perhaps u should re watch the game a little closer before u ask anyone else that question.
we just got crushed in this game. it's the coache's job to make sure the team is up on tendencies, strategy etc by the other team. this game was a bust all around, if hill knew what was coming her certaintly sucked at trying to beat it! he didn't look anymore prepared than the rest of our team.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
If the Falcons were doing something different on defense, it's up to the OFFENSIVE coordinator to recognize it and make the necessary adjustments.

The same holds true for the Defensive Coordinator. Matt Ryan threw for over 300 yds and both Turner and White had a field day running and catching passes.

The Defense COULDN'T stop anybody yesterday!

Those that want to blame Hill, STOP already! It would have taken a Joe Montana or a Steve Young and a Jerry Rice to match the Falcons offensive output yesterday, and then the outcome would have still been in question since the (49er's) Defense couldn't stop anybody.

And Flubberball could'nt throw his way out of it, the whole team sucked top to bottom not just Hill but he did his part
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Am I wrong or is he implying that Hill had a bad day because he was the only one ready and everyone else wasn't?

Not necessarily. He is implying that, if the rest of the offense came as prepared as Hill, they could have put up a better performance.

After falling to a deep low, then rising to an ultra high, I think the team got caught looking forward to the bye week.

The time line:
Huge low when they lost in Minny. Heartbreaker, a big low.
Huge high by coming back and making a statement against the Rams... a shutout after a huge low the week before.

Now they have Atalanta at home and they are confident about who they are...and they are thinking bad ass mutha's, they are thinking "look we are somebody" and now e going to play the dirty bird's and then take a week off and come back and kick some more ass.

Well, they got their asses brought back down to earth where it belongs by the dirty birds. Huge lows and huge highs are never good, especially in back to back games. That s**t can f**k with your head in weird ass ways. Hopefully they pull their heads out and stop with this huge low/high s**t.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Hill did not play well. He over thre recievers on medium routes. Under threw out routes. And madr horrendus decision such as throw a 3 yard dump off on 3rd and 10. Coffee made a mistake that costed a time out, so did hill not getting.a play off in time. Then when walker fumbled, the refs missed the calla nd we couldn't challenge. Nate clements played aggressive, misses an interception and it goes 90yds for a td. We couldn do anything on offense. Hill sucks, coffee is ok. Our o line sucks. Noooo pass rush at all. Sounds all too familiar.
this explains why Vernon and Shaun were not in sync all day. VD should have been turning around to look for the ball. He is the hot receiver when the Falcons brought a blitz.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
this explains why Vernon and Shaun were not in sync all day. VD should have been turning around to look for the ball. He is the hot receiver when the Falcons brought a blitz.

It depends on where the blitz comes from, that determines the hot reciever hence Vernon not turning around bc he wasn't the hot reciever and Hill read it wrong.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Am I wrong or is he implying that Hill had a bad day because he was the only one ready and everyone else wasn't?

Of course he is. Lynch reminds me of those ladies that scrubbed Eddie Murphy in coming to America. The royal balls are clean mr. Hill. I don't even read lynch's articles anymore. Matt M gave us the grades we deserved. Simple as that.

I've always felt that every man in this world should at least get to wake to that scene just once in their lives........just once. Maybe a Hotel resort/amusement park type.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
raye was too busy sleeping to notice.

i thought he was wearing one of those blanket coats on the sideline
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
raye was too busy sleeping to notice.

i thought he was wearing one of those blanket coats on the sideline

a snuggie???
Originally posted by B650:

I don't know about you, but if I'm the QB and I know something, I think I'd probably share it with my teammates.

Right. They do have meetings with Raye and the rest of the offense from time to time don't they?

Maybe Hill could have talked to him on the sideline?
  • pd24
  • Veteran

It depends on where the blitz comes from, that determines the hot reciever hence Vernon not turning around bc he wasn't the hot reciever and Hill read it wrong.

Even if Davis did turn around all those throws would have been at his feet.
Originally posted by pd24:

Even if Davis did turn around all those throws would have been at his feet.

Yup. These are just more excuses, err Hillusions.
He once against mentions Hill and Smith extra preparation on his new column:

Quote:
PREPARATION: Singletary blamed himself and his coaching staff for not preparing the team. While Shaun Hill and Alex Smith did additional research on the Falcons coming out of the bye, the coaches should have done the same thing. Then, maybe, they would have seen that Atlanta has the capacity to blitz and play man coverage with lots of blitzes.

With the 49ers strong run emphasis, teams are apt to change their defensive approach. The Vikings were predominantly a cover 2 team but against the 49ers they went with eight men in the box and played more man coverage.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=49423#ixzz0TlIJGuOP