There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

lack of talent is the reality

Bottom line is we are looking for talent that just isnt there. We dont have a good offensive line or anybody behind the o line starters that can step up. The safety position is a problem now with the Lewis problem. Dont even get me started on the QB position. i read people looking for answers and they are just not there. We are a 8-8 to a 9-7 season team with an excellent head coach. Enjoy the ride guys. Momma said there would be days like this. We ll be back strong after the bye. Just dont think that this team is something its not. Breathe Webzone.....Breathe

p.s. our offensive coordinator is horrendous
OC is very questionable. And the talent is just not there. Although Hill's passes were not great, none of the recievers were gettting any separation. And WTF? Morgan can't outrun a safety that he had 5-7 steps on? wow....
No QB - Check.
No WR's - Check.
Absolutely terrible and overrated O Line - Check.
Overrated DB's - Check.
Inconsistent pass rush - Check.
No speed on return teams - Check.

Yup the talent is overrated.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sicc110:
Bottom line is we are looking for talent that just isnt there. We dont have a good offensive line or anybody behind the o line starters that can step up. The safety position is a problem now with the Lewis problem. Dont even get me started on the QB position. i read people looking for answers and they are just not there. We are a 8-8 to a 9-7 season team with an excellent head coach. Enjoy the ride guys. Momma said there would be days like this. We ll be back strong after the bye. Just dont think that this team is something its not. Breathe Webzone.....Breathe

p.s. our offensive coordinator is horrendous

I agree with you 100% but I would emphasize the QB position a little more. Hill is not the answer!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
OC is very questionable. And the talent is just not there. Although Hill's passes were not great, none of the recievers were gettting any separation. And WTF? Morgan can't outrun a safety that he had 5-7 steps on? wow....

Morgan has never been that speedy as far as long speed. He is more quick than fast and more bulky and strong than a speed guy. He is on the field because he is strong and has good hands. But he is no Rhoddy White for speed. He never has been.
I was just gonna talk about the qb position. We all knew the qb position was suspect. So we gambled on being a running team and its not working. I hope we take a top flight qb in draft or push Nate Davis further along....i dont know i hate sounding like the ignorant people that just call for the qb's head but I'm pretty fed up with the lack of passing game
We are not a superbowl team yet now, for several reasons and one is we do not have the talent level of a superbowl team. With that said we do have the talent level of a playoff team. The fact is we are 3-0 in a weak division and should still win the division.
Superstars
Willis
Gore
Star calibar
J.Smith
N.Clements
T.Spikes
E.Heitman
J.Staley
V.Davis
A.Lee
J.Nedney-most accurate kicker in NFL last 5 years
B.Jennings-hey he's the best LS in the league right
Solid vets/Up and coming young players
P.Haralson
M.Lawson
I.Bruce
M.Norris
I.Soap (however you spell it)
K.Balmer
C.Rachel-sucks lately but he's still a massive 2nd rd pk from USC with alot of upside
R.McDonald
D.Goldston
M.Lewis
Potential 2 early to tell
M.Crabtree
G.Coffee
A.Boone
D.Briggs
S.Mckillop
C.Taylor
T.Brown
R.Smith
K.Sheets

this team has the foundation to do alot of things we will make the playoffs this year and build from there. we have most of our core guys signed long term and plenty of time to sign those we don't to new deals. 2 1st round picks this year and we may get something more when the Jets case is settled. And we haven't even seen Crabtree yet!
It does not matter how fast the wrs are Hill floats the ball and the dbs have time to make a play. How many times have we seen the wr stop and turn or fight through a db to try and catch an undthrown ball? Its sad watch any other game the qbs are throwing lazers.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No QB - Check.
No WR's - Check.
Absolutely terrible and overrated O Line - Check.
Overrated DB's - Check.
Inconsistent pass rush - Check.
No speed on return teams - Check.

Yup the talent is overrated.

It's a wonder you've gotten to 15,000 posts with gems like this.

if I didnt know anything about this team and only read your post, I'd assume that this team was 0-5.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Morgan has never been that speedy as far as long speed. He is more quick than fast and more bulky and strong than a speed guy. He is on the field because he is strong and has good hands. But he is no Rhoddy White for speed. He never has been.

Can't wait for Crabtree to be ready.
Is it that the loss is fresh in my head and I'm just upset? Or should Hill be on a short leash by now? Maybe I'm just still upset
Originally posted by sicc110:
Is it that the loss is fresh in my head and I'm just upset? Or should Hill be on a short leash by now? Maybe I'm just still upset

It just got tighter, that's for sure...
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Izyniner:
It does not matter how fast the wrs are Hill floats the ball and the dbs have time to make a play. How many times have we seen the wr stop and turn or fight through a db to try and catch an undthrown ball? Its sad watch any other game the qbs are throwing lazers.

my 80 year old Mom could make a play on Hill's passes, if wasn't all on him today but he did his part
They really should have put Smith in the second half, just to see if we could get something going.
WOW. here come all the bandwagoneers. you were all "omg omg 49ers to the superbowl, we're amazing." and after one awful day "omg omg we are the worst team. no qb, no wr, no rb, no def, no no no"

CALM THE F DOWN. We played an awful game on offense, def, and special teams. it was a bad GAME. ONE GAME. CALM DOWN. YES, everyone did an awful job, but its rediculous to just jump back to saying how awful we are. how little talent we have.

BANDWAGONEERS. GO AWAY.

ever heard of a bad week? if these games continue, then by all means, complain away. but we've looked great this season with this game as the ONLY exception. 4 out of 5 games, we played very good. just.. shut.. up..