LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

When will Crabtree make his 1st start?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree make his 1st start?

I think week 10
I'll take a guess. How about Thursday night against the Bears?

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 10, 2009 at 01:31:44 ]
Next year. He needs time to learn the system. Bruce will be gone which will open up some room to crack the depth chart.
Houston
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Houston

lol hes not going to start his first NFL game. not when we have so many other WR's who have been through camp, preseason, and the season thus far who know alot more about what theyre doing.

at very best i could see him making his first start 2 or 3 weeks later if he shows the ability to learn quickly.

remember, Brandon Jones is coming back too, and he probably has the edge on Crabtree for the first shot at starting.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd like to say "worst poll ever"... if it wasn't for the 10 polls on the first page that are worse.
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'd like to say "worst poll ever"... if it wasn't for the 10 polls on the first page that are worse.

+1

why
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Week 10 sounds about right. That should give him time to get most of the plays down and we can start fazing Bruce out of the starting lineup.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Next year. He needs time to learn the system. Bruce will be gone which will open up some room to crack the depth chart.

I'm sure he will get playing time as soon as he is ready. Maybe not start.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

why

yeah why? it's a relevant question
I picked next year cause I don't want to get my hopes up. This is going to be a rough schedule coming up and I wonder if Big Mike will put a rookie WR into the starting lineup after being on the team a few weeks.

Doesn't make sense to me.
Starting is more symbolic than anything. After the 1st play, most teams freely subsititute based on down and distance.

It really doesn't matter if he starts or not, as long as he performs.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=131069&highlight=crab
Share 49ersWebzone