LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Retiring #80

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember hearing that his number wont be retired until he is in the Hall of Fame next year
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for niners_guy.
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:
I remember hearing that his number wont be retired until he is in the Hall of Fame next year

Bingo... they want to coordinate it with his induction into the HoF. It will happen next year.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
They should retire #80 from the NFL

Seriously.

......................and the #19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU TAKE THAT f**kIN PICTURE DOWN NOW

THAT NEVER HAPPENED
Originally posted by valrod33:

Seriously.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED

They're horrible, valrod, but these things happened!

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Seriously.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED

They're horrible, valrod, but these things happened!

It makes me sick to my stomach that Nolan wouldn't take him back and signed idiots like Curtis Conway instead! Sing would have brought him back anyone that's not a complete piece of garbage would pick Jerry Rice over Curtis Conway.
Originally posted by superman49er:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Seriously.

Jerry can do no wrong

jerry jerry jerry................. sigh

Better in a Broncos uni than the one year in Seattle.
Originally posted by matt49er:
It makes me sick to my stomach that Nolan wouldn't take him back and signed idiots like Curtis Conway instead! Sing would have brought him back anyone that's not a complete piece of garbage would pick Jerry Rice over Curtis Conway.

When did we have a chance to sign Rice again? It wasn't that season when he couldn't make the Broncos, was it? Or was it when he ended up signing with the Seahawks?

If he still could be a starting or slot WR, I'm pissed that Nolan passed on him. I could understand if we had a roster stacked with potential (Morgan, Hill, Crabtree, Jones, etc.), but this was the first season in which the position looked like it was going to have some production.

I honestly think Nolan just wanted to prove that this was HIS team and not Mariucci's or Seifert's or Walsh's.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by matt49er:

When did we have a chance to sign Rice again? It wasn't that season when he couldn't make the Broncos, was it? Or was it when he ended up signing with the Seahawks?

If he still could be a starting or slot WR, I'm pissed that Nolan passed on him. I could understand if we had a roster stacked with potential (Morgan, Hill, Crabtree, Jones, etc.), but this was the first season in which the position looked like it was going to have some production.

I honestly think Nolan just wanted to prove that this was HIS team and not Mariucci's or Seifert's or Walsh's.

Ya, he signed right after he didn't make the Bronco's for a 1 day contract. He was then retired that year.
Originally posted by superman49er:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Seriously.

Jerry can do no wrong

jerry jerry jerry................. sigh

Jerry Rice is the greatest WR ever.. bar none, thanks for your time

Share 49ersWebzone