There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Retiring #80

• BigRon
  • Veteran
From Facebook

Matt Maiocco
No, they're not retiring Rice's number on Sunday. And if they are, it's the worst-publicized event in the history of pro sports.
Originally posted by matt49er:
They need to do this now! Rice may be the greatest offensive player of all time. I think they should have inducted Montana, Rice, Young and Walsh day 1 along with Eddie D also.

Eddie should have gone first as it all started with him, followed by Walsh, Lott, Dean and then Young.

You can't forget about Dave Wilcox either.. Best 49er OLB ever and one of only 19 Linebackers in the HOF.

There are others of course that deserve that distinction.
Originally posted by matt49er:
They need to do this now! Rice may be the greatest offensive player of all time. I think they should have inducted Montana, Rice, Young and Walsh day 1 along with Eddie D also.

let everyone have their day
Originally posted by BigRon:
From Facebook

Matt Maiocco
No, they're not retiring Rice's number on Sunday. And if they are, it's the worst-publicized event in the history of pro sports.

that's weird because i really remember the niner ticket salesman mentioning that when he was trying to sell me tickets

maybe he was lying i don't know but i remember that
I thought we did this last year when we were embarrassed by Seattle at home? Or was that Steve Young's number?
Who else was at Jerry's last game at Candlestick as a Niner?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

TO day?
Originally posted by FourNine49:

TO day?

Yeah, TO was there....I don't think the Bears CB's showed up though
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:

TO day?

the 85 bears d could have shown up that day and T.O. would have still put on a show, Owens in his "prime" was one of the best and COMPLETE WR's to play the game....too bad he could'nt keep his mouth shut..
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:

TO day?

the 85 bears d could have shown up that day and T.O. would have still put on a show, Owens in his "prime" was one of the best and COMPLETE WR's to play the game....too bad he could'nt keep his mouth shut..

I'd want to see Mike Singletary as a player shut his mouth up
  • mod
  • Veteran
Didn't we do this in 06??? I remember them signing Jerry for one game and honoring him at halftime against the seahawks as frank gore gashed them for 200 yards.

I remember the crowd chanting "Jerry Jerry Jerry!"
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Didn't we do this in 06??? I remember them signing Jerry for one game and honoring him at halftime against the seahawks as frank gore gashed them for 200 yards.

i think it was just a retirement ceremony. but they didn't retire his number.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

i think it was just a retirement ceremony. but they didn't retire his number.

Then why wouldn't they retire his number while they are at it? To sell more tickets?

i think that was the STEVE YOUNG jersey retirement day.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

i think that was the STEVE YOUNG jersey retirement day.

no steve young had his number retired last year against the Pats.

he had a halftime Hall of Fame ceremony against the Hawks in 05.

jerry had a whole big retirement ceremony back in 06. but his number wasn't retired. i don't know why.