LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 182 users in the forums

Sing just on NFL Live

Shop Find 49ers gear online
talked about passing game and said not concerned about how we win and he'll not dissect it. he says nothing has surprised him about this team, said he was hoping they'd be a little better than this, but we're not......I assume this means he still sees growth for this team that's a good sign. In terms of Pat Willis, he says his desire and humility equals Singletary's when he played. Nothing new that most of us who follow the blogs don't already know, just surprised how much love the Niners have been getting after being crapped on by ESPN the past couple of year.......guess winning is the best deodorant.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
ESPN hasn't covered the Lions, Rams, or Raiders much either in the last decade. It's because no one wants to hear about terrible teams. We win, we'll get pub, it's that simple.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
talked about passing game and said not concerned about how we win and he'll not dissect it. he says nothing has surprised him about this team, said he was hoping they'd be a little better than this, but we're not......I assume this means he still sees growth for this team that's a good sign. In terms of Pat Willis, he says his desire and humility equals Singletary's when he played. Nothing new that most of us who follow the blogs don't already know, just surprised how much love the Niners have been getting after being crapped on by ESPN the past couple of year.......guess winning is the best deodorant.

that's what happens when you win
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

that's what happens when you win, and have Singletary as your head coach.

Fixed.

Singletary might be a rookie HC, but he's probably more popular than half the coaches in the league.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 8, 2009 at 13:20:26 ]
Like I said I know it's because we're winning, but they're on Sing's jock the whole time. They make a concerted effort to focus on 1 team on the west coast every year. Last couple of years its been the Chargers and before that the Seahawks.
Originally posted by TX9R:
ESPN hasn't covered the Lions, Rams, or Raiders much either in the last decade. It's because no one wants to hear about terrible teams. We win, we'll get pub, it's that simple.

Winning fixes everything. It even makes the week more bearable for us common folk
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sicc110:

Winning fixes everything. It even makes the week more bearable for us common folk

haha so true for me

Truer words have never been written.

Liked the interview by Singletary! So glad this guy is our coach.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Like I said I know it's because we're winning, but they're on Sing's jock the whole time. They make a concerted effort to focus on 1 team on the west coast every year. Last couple of years its been the Chargers and before that the Seahawks.

Both of which have been the dominant team in their divisions during those time frames.

yes sir... and winning will make your unsigned draft pick think twice too!!!
  • ZRF80
Some of you guys are very young. If my memory serves me right, we were the talk of the town in the 80s and 90s. Each year, we'd get the max Monday night games (3) and Sunday night games (2). We were SB contenders year in and year out, and most pundits had us penciled in the Divisonal rounds (with the bye) in Week 1. If anything, it was fun watching all the broadcasters trying to find ways to make other teams in our division look like potential contenders.

It got to the point where I couldnt keep up at times.

Thats just the way sports work people. Get over it....

Yet no matter what happens the Cowboys always are a step ahead of us with publicity.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

yes sir... and winning will make your unsigned draft pick think twice too!!!

it also makes the jets think twice
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Some of you guys are very young. If my memory serves me right, we were the talk of the town in the 80s and 90s. Each year, we'd get the max Monday night games (3) and Sunday night games (2). We were SB contenders year in and year out, and most pundits had us penciled in the Divisonal rounds (with the bye) in Week 1. If anything, it was fun watching all the broadcasters trying to find ways to make other teams in our division look like potential contenders.

It got to the point where I couldnt keep up at times.

Thats just the way sports work people. Get over it....

This
Share 49ersWebzone