LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Bandwagon Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by BigRon:
I am all for the Bandwagoners. Bring em on, welcome them aboard. The broader the fan base the better for all of us. I doubt there are many here who didn't come to fandom of this team when we were losing in the last 5 years. Most here, who have grown up outside of the SF Bay Area, became fans during the Steve Young years others with Garcia. How many came aboard during Donahue and Erickson? How many first became fans during Nolan-Smith. We, for the most part, are all bandwagon fans. Some just longer than others.

Some of us weren't old enough to become fans prior to the Young/Rice years. I became a fan during the 94' Superbowl season when I was 9 and had just started getting into football games other than the Superbowl. I didn't know they were going to go on and win the Superbowl at the time, but I loved the red and white uniforms and my uncle told me they were the only team that could stop Dallas from 3-peating. We all hated Dallas so that was the only rationale I needed. So I don't know if that made me a bandwagon fan, I just knew I didn't wanna see Dallas beat Buffalo again so I rooted for the 9ers and it stuck with me.

There are few better reasons for anything than hating the Cowboys! Youre In.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
BANDWAGON FANS, and even fed up RAIDER FANS, COME ON DOWWWWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA I'm waiting on my roommate do leave the black hole/black out (HAHA) and join us on the bandwagon. I host 49er parties every Sunday and he hears the grunt of it from all of our friends

See!....as soon as they switch over, their lives will be more happier lol.

I have noticed a lot of new members on the zone though! Keep the site growin people!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
oh and example:

I run a before and after school program for kids in Reno, Nevada.

you would not believe how many of them are PATRIOTS (ugh) fans!

I'm wondering if the councilors at my before and after program were feeling the same way when I repped the 9ers ha

Ttime to set new rules! No New England paraphenalia

Two kids were wearing Brady jerseys this morning I wanted to wrist myself

Oh no, wrist them instead, it's much safer (for you).

who cares! i aint at a game to watch other fans or so called bandwagoners... IF YOU'RE A TRUE FAN YOU WOULDN'T CARE! YOU WATCH THE GAME AND THAT'S IT!

and btw... been going to games since 84! can't
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
oh and example:

I run a before and after school program for kids in Reno, Nevada.

you would not believe how many of them are PATRIOTS (ugh) fans!

I'm wondering if the councilors at my before and after program were feeling the same way when I repped the 9ers ha

Ttime to set new rules! No New England paraphenalia

Two kids were wearing Brady jerseys this morning I wanted to wrist myself

Oh no, wrist them instead, it's much safer (for you).

I think I'll just off their parents for being such horrible roll models...

and begin a 49erswebzone sponsored orphanage...

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?
Originally posted by Method:
The more the merrier IMO. Having bandwagon fans means your team is consistently in the playoffs and a contender for a ring, and s**t... that's all I want from this team

Go Niners!

I guess I never realized that fans, be they hardcore or bandwagon, actually had a bearing on a teams performance. I always thought it was the talent on the field that
affected 99.999% of performance, good or bad.

Do fans rank higher in performance than say, the players, the coaches and the front office?
I'm from California and I can't stand how many cowboy fans there are. Most of my family like the cowboys which makes me think I'm adopted.......... People who barely start watching football end up being fans of whatever team wins the super bowl that year. I also hate kids with patriot jerseys. Bandwagon fans are acceptable as long as they're atempting to learn about the niners. I don't like niner fans who think kevin barlow is still our running back.
Didn't we all at one point jump onto the bandwagon? As a child growing up in the 70's I was a huge Steeler fan. One of the main reasons I liked them was that they could and did beat Dallas.

In 81 as a sophomore in HS , I caught the regular season 9er/Cowboy matchup and I jumped ship as it were. Who were these guys that just kicked the living poo out of the hated Cowboys? All I knew was Montana was my new sports hero. And it just kept getting better and better and better.

Hey anybody who has stuck it out from 03-08 is a fan and if some more would like to join us, then great. Some will stick, some won't, so be it.
The more fans the merrier, bandwagon or not.
The real issue with me is when a bandwagon fan thinks they know more about the niners than me!

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Method:
The more the merrier IMO. Having bandwagon fans means your team is consistently in the playoffs and a contender for a ring, and s**t... that's all I want from this team

Go Niners!

I guess I never realized that fans, be they hardcore or bandwagon, actually had a bearing on a teams performance. I always thought it was the talent on the field that
affected 99.999% of performance, good or bad.

Do fans rank higher in performance than say, the players, the coaches and the front office?

I don't think he was saying bandwagon or hardcore fans affects the team's performance, but he was instead saying the opposite. A successful team leads to more bandwagon fans because bandwagoners don't hop on if the team is losing. Therefore, having a lot of bandwagon fans is a good indicator of the team's performance.
  • 49ers_85
  • Info N/A
Living in Sacramento, I see a lot more people start to root for the 49ers on game days than on down years. But the more people to cheer for the Niners over the Raiders the better I guess.
Originally posted by jta854:
I hate Bandwagon fans.

You're not the only one!
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by JC49:
Given how things have gone for us the last few years or so bandwagon fans aren't a problem we've had. If our current success keeps snow balling I think we'll have plenty of them though. So far our defense is getting it done and the bandwagon fans tend to go for more offensive units but it will still happen. I thought I would give long suffering, loyal fans a chance to sound off on how they feel about new additions to our fan base.

I see your kind of new to the Zone.. You didn't just jump on did ya?.. If so glad to have ya!

Im new to the webzone I've been coming to this site for twp years and finaly they should really not be so strict on email accounts otherwise I would of joined two years ago lol! glad to be here !
Originally posted by bornaniner:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by JC49:
Given how things have gone for us the last few years or so bandwagon fans aren't a problem we've had. If our current success keeps snow balling I think we'll have plenty of them though. So far our defense is getting it done and the bandwagon fans tend to go for more offensive units but it will still happen. I thought I would give long suffering, loyal fans a chance to sound off on how they feel about new additions to our fan base.

I see your kind of new to the Zone.. You didn't just jump on did ya?.. If so glad to have ya!

Im new to the webzone I've been coming to this site for twp years and finaly they should really not be so strict on email accounts otherwise I would of joined two years ago lol! glad to be here !

Tip for the new guy, complaining about the Webzone policies can get you banned. Be careful.
Share 49ersWebzone