LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Bandwagon Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jta854:
I hate Bandwagon fans.

dats no lie
nobody is going to come out and say "oh I'm a bandwagon fan" everybody is a fan when things are going good.

[ Edited by elbolitas49ers on Oct 8, 2009 at 09:52:09 ]
Go Demons
  • carl
  • Veteran
I was accused of being a bandwagon fan the other day. Too funny. Typical Raider fan no less.

If you can't attack the argument, attack the person.
I don't think the Niners have a large amount of fans that would be "bandwagon fans". We have some of the best fans in the NFL and you have been faithful before the Walsh era in the 70's when we were bad and stuck by us the last 6 years that means you're loyal.

There's a lot of other teams that have serious bandwagon fans i.e...

Laker fans
Yankee fans
Raider fans

Sorry I can't stand those fan bases. Just enjoy our success so far and don't worry who is on board or who hasn't been.

For the record I've been a loyal fan since 87'. My Dad almost broke our coffee table during the Vikings playoff game that year when we lost. I couldn't understand why he was so mad. It was only a matter of time.
I just became a 49ers fan 2 days ago when they signed Micheal Crabtree, before that I was a massive Calgary Stampeders fan
Originally posted by BigRon:
I am all for the Bandwagoners. Bring em on, welcome them aboard. The broader the fan base the better for all of us. I doubt there are many here who didn't come to fandom of this team when we were losing in the last 5 years. Most here, who have grown up outside of the SF Bay Area, became fans during the Steve Young years others with Garcia. How many came aboard during Donahue and Erickson? How many first became fans during Nolan-Smith. We, for the most part, are all bandwagon fans. Some just longer than others.

Some of us weren't old enough to become fans prior to the Young/Rice years. I became a fan during the 94' Superbowl season when I was 9 and had just started getting into football games other than the Superbowl. I didn't know they were going to go on and win the Superbowl at the time, but I loved the red and white uniforms and my uncle told me they were the only team that could stop Dallas from 3-peating. We all hated Dallas so that was the only rationale I needed. So I don't know if that made me a bandwagon fan, I just knew I didn't wanna see Dallas beat Buffalo again so I rooted for the 9ers and it stuck with me.
I would much rather have people come up to me and tell me how much they love the 49ers than look and laugh.

I moved to Tallahassee, FL about 4 years ago. The Florida State Seminoles have similar colors and the FS logo looks alot like SF. But people are only now starting to tell me they like the niners too.

Whats really funny is when I wear my Warriors gear. I have had people that seriously wanted to know if they were a college team!
maybe we all started as bandwagon fans? (unless you're from the bay area) I remember becoming a niners fan in the third grade when they beat the chargers in the superbowl. I didn't live near SF but I thought as a kid I should be a fan cause they were the best team and I have been with them ever since. I guess its all good as long as you're not flip flopping all the time!
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
I would much rather have people come up to me and tell me how much they love the 49ers than look and laugh.

I moved to Tallahassee, FL about 4 years ago. The Florida State Seminoles have similar colors and the FS logo looks alot like SF. But people are only now starting to tell me they like the niners too.

Whats really funny is when I wear my Warriors gear. I have had people that seriously wanted to know if they were a college team!

Wait! So you mean to tell me they're not?

oh and example:

I run a before and after school program for kids in Reno, Nevada.

you would not believe how many of them are PATRIOTS (ugh) fans!

I'm wondering if the councilors at my before and after program were feeling the same way when I repped the 9ers ha
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
oh and example:

I'm wondering if the councilors at my before and after program were feeling the same way when I repped the 9ers ha

Ttime to set new rules! No New England paraphenalia
From like 07 to now there has been a HUGE # of Niners fans. I go to NY for school and Im surprised at how many there are now
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
oh and example:

Ttime to set new rules! No New England paraphenalia

Two kids were wearing Brady jerseys this morning I wanted to wrist myself
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
I just became a 49ers fan 2 days ago when they signed Micheal Crabtree, before that I was a massive Calgary Stampeders fan

I worked in Canmore, Alberta for a year. We used to make the hour long drive, sit in the stands, have a beer, and watch Flutie. Good times. It was fun seeing Deacon Jones pacing the sidelines. Holy cow he's huge! Even with the players in gear and Deacon in a suit Jones looked like a giant. Compared to Flutie he looked like he was at his kids little league game.
Share 49ersWebzone