There are 256 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Drunk Mike Irvin on Crabtree

Who cares what this guy thinks, where's Jerry Rice?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Chico:
So, what he is saying is that Crabtree is dumb and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to learn the 49ers offense?

run, run, run, run, run, maybe a pass, run, run, run, 3 and out, punt, run, run, run, punt another 3 and out....defensive touchdown

As long as we win baby!

Kind of sounds like the Cowpokes of old, with Emmit run, run, run. Drop a pass off to TE or FB. A play action to "Coked up Mike Irvin" or the other WR who went to Tampa Bay. Then run, run, run Emmit.

Of course, you had to free up some time for their linemen to deal a few bales of pot and Irvin to deal with cops in his "nest" after a victory binge w/posse, hooker.
and the Southwests best drug dealers.

Other guy= Alvin Harper
Originally posted by carl:
I also don't see him as the deep threat 9 route guy.

Man, if a 79-year-old Isaac Bruce can run a deep route and catch a 50-yard pass, Michael Crabtree can do it as well. Have you guys noticed how SLOOOOOOOW Isaac Bruce looks these days? Yet he's the one we try to run screens to and go deep to. We need to insert Crabtree immediately, even if it's as a decoy, and let him run a few deep routes and screens until he learns how to do everything else. I guarantee Crabtree will be far more productive than Heyward-Bey has been if we throw 5 screen passes to him over the course of a few games.
So, what he is saying is that Crabtree is dumb and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to learn the 49ers offense?

run, run, run, run, run, maybe a pass, run, run, run, 3 and out, punt, run, run, run, punt another 3 and out....defensive touchdown

As long as we win baby!

Kind of sounds like the Cowpokes of old, with Emmit run, run, run. Drop a pass off to TE or FB. A play action to "Coked up Mike Irvin" or the other WR who went to Tampa Bay. Then run, run, run Emmit.

Yeah, the only difference is Emmitt Smith was running behind one of the best lines of all time, while our line is mediocre at best. That's why they had success and we haven't.
I love Irvin.

but then again, I wasnt around for the cowboys/niners rivalry. funny how I still hate the cowboys though.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Cocaine is helluva a drug...
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
I love Irvin.

but then again, I wasnt around for the cowboys/niners rivalry. funny how I still hate the cowboys though.

You hate the Cowboys, but you love Irvin?

As long as we win baby!

Hahahahaha good one!
Originally posted by 49erRider:

As long as we win baby!

Yeah, the only difference is Emmitt Smith was running behind one of the best lines of all time, while our line is mediocre at best. That's why they had success and we haven't.

Being a bit generous aren't yah?
Good post.

I hated Michael Irvin as a Cowboy. But as a radio host and analyst he is one of my favorites. He doesn't just provide lame stats, he gives you an inside look at the issues, taken from the perspective of the player, owner, fans or what have you.
You actually learn some things listening to him. Most other guys just want you to know how smart they are and how much they know.
We maybe 28th Offensively but our Defense is the story here.

Yes the addition of Crabtree will help our struggling passing game, but as the old saying goes "Defense wins Championships"

Just look at the year the Ravens won the SB, Their offense was less than stellar T. Dilfer was asked to manage the game/field possession and not give the game away with costly turnovers. T Dilfer in that game was 12-25 for 153 yards with 1 TD no Ints.

M Irvin please stfu you obviously haven't had your crack rock and hooker today at the motel room, how this moron got in the HoF is beyond me.

[ Edited by 9erfreak on Oct 8, 2009 at 11:35:25 ]
I have to watch a 30 second ad for what is probably a 1 minute video.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by carl:
I also don't see him as the deep threat 9 route guy.

Man, if a 79-year-old Isaac Bruce can run a deep route and catch a 50-yard pass, Michael Crabtree can do it as well. Have you guys noticed how SLOOOOOOOW Isaac Bruce looks these days? Yet he's the one we try to run screens to and go deep to. We need to insert Crabtree immediately, even if it's as a decoy, and let him run a few deep routes and screens until he learns how to do everything else. I guarantee Crabtree will be far more productive than Heyward-Bey has been if we throw 5 screen passes to him over the course of a few games.

Well, I'm not saying that he can't run the route. I'm just saying that's not his forte. We'll have Jones back this week. He was picked up to be that speed guy.

Yes, Bruce has slowed down. But he's got the best hands on the team. Same could be said for Battle...
He looks high as a kite, not drunk. Either opiates, as someone said, or pot. What's funny is that he was pretty insightful. To paraphrase a good point, Crabtree knows how to run a bunch of routes but he needs to get chemistry with Shaun Hill if the initial route gets busted to keep the play alive.
Originally posted by WINiner:

As long as we win baby!

Being a bit generous aren't yah?

That's why I said AT BEST.