There are 226 users in the forums

i may be the only one but coffee...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hopefully the o-line plays better this week and coffee runs with more confidence. I'm not sold but I'm not giving up either.
IMO Coffee is concentrating on not fumbling and sticking with the play. Even if the whole is not there he is trying to hit it because he doesn't want to free lance. I think with more experience and/or the coaches giving him a bit more leeway would help.
I think he's a pretty good player based on where we picked him and he is very young. What did you expect a top 10 pick? He wasn't picked that high and that's not his role. His role is to play a few games when Frank is injured like he is doing now and get an occasional few handoffs during the course of a game so Gore doesn't have to carry the full load. He's not a bad pick.

He always was a straight ahead down hill runner. This is no surprise. That's what he was in college too. What do you want him to be? The second coming of Barry Sanders? Do you think if he was that good he would have went where he did in the draft?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Once he gets acclimated to the NFL, and our guards do their jobs, he'll look much more impressive - as will Frank Gore.
I think his most underrated attribute is how he takes care of the football. He may not be a home run hitter but he's not going to cough up the ball either.
I think he's played ok, but I just think he doesn't have that burst to hit the whole.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You guys amaze me, you slam a guy for not playing like a pro bowler and never once take into consideration that the oline is playing terrible. What ever happened to smart football fans?

Agreed.
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
I think he's played ok, but I just think he doesn't have that burst to hit the whole.

the whole what?
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
You guys amaze me, you slam a guy for not playing like a pro bowler and never once take into consideration that the oline is playing terrible. What ever happened to smart football fans?

Agreed.

The C and both OG's are worthless. The RT is sometimes trouble. The only quality guy is the LT.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Agreed.

The C and both OG's are worthless. The RT is sometimes trouble. The only quality guy is the LT.

I disagree... The C is solid, the Guards are capable, the LT is very solid and the RT is a mess. One bad apple will soil an entire O-line.

Originally posted by Chief:

Agreed.

I disagree... The C is solid, the Guards are capable, the LT is very solid and the RT is a mess. One bad apple will soil an entire O-line.

Baas is not the answer at G and the RT has been a problem forever. Our C is solid, though, like you've said.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:48:48 ]
Originally posted by Chief:

Agreed.

Baas is not the answer at G and the RT has been a problem forever. Our C is solid, though.

Baas and Chilo are getting thrown around like rag dolls. Guys are running right over them on their way straight to the QB. The C is very average with an injury history. Chilo gets so much man love on this site. I can't see why. Even Singletary when miked says he wants to kick Chilo's butt. He is so overrated. I suspect it is because he is from USC. People think everybody who played at USC is a super star. But he is getting owned big time in pass blocking and I sure would not call Chilo a great player at this point. Right now he's not even good.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:51:29 ]
didn't read through the entire thread so don't know if somebody mentioned this yet...

remember our first game and how frank fared with our garbage o-line play?

if that was the only game you had ever seen frank gore play you might have thought he was an unimpressive player...

give the guy a chance to blossom
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Coffee is a decent RB but the fact the our Oline sucks balls makes him looks even worse.
tastes good in the morning.

There I finished a sentence. I'm so proud of myself.
Share 49ersWebzone