There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

i may be the only one but coffee...

Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
two games....and only started in one...imo zoners are being a little harsh...i will wait to pass judgment till after sundays game.

Not everything said by every Zoner is a definitive statement. Sometimes we are just making general observations.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
First, he is a rookie starting his first game.

Second, no running back would look great with the online playing like they did last week.

Third, he looked much better in the second half of the game once he got a feel for the game.

Although I would like to see Sheets get a shot, he would be much more effective on screen plays and getting to the edge.

Couldn't agree more....this is a 3rd round pick selected to be Gore's backup. we really should have changed the game plan more also you cannot expect Coffee to be Gore or play the same role. Give him time, he showed alot of potential in the preseason and everyone on this board loved him now after 2 games he's a bum?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
The guy is averaging 2.3 yards per carry. He has more carries than Gore and gore managed 6.2 yards per carry with the same Oline and three TD's. RB is one of those positions where you get it or you don't. It's why a guy can come in from college and in one season can lead the NFL in yards.

Coffee is looking like a spare on this team...I think it might be time to move the ball around...norris and walker are averaging more yards with the ball at this point so lets give everyone a shot.
Might as well start VD at tailback so we can have 4 WR's lol
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by 49er4life:
First, he is a rookie starting his first game.

Second, no running back would look great with the online playing like they did last week.

Third, he looked much better in the second half of the game once he got a feel for the game.

Although I would like to see Sheets get a shot, he would be much more effective on screen plays and getting to the edge.

Couldn't agree more....this is a 3rd round pick selected to be Gore's backup. we really should have changed the game plan more also you cannot expect Coffee to be Gore or play the same role. Give him time, he showed alot of potential in the preseason and everyone on this board loved him now after 2 games he's a bum?

This!
Is there a way to de-cream this coffee to make it stronger?
  • cyber9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Is there a way to de-cream this coffee to make it stronger?

I don't think the coffee is ready yet...
Originally posted by captnkos:
I mentioned during the preseason that he did not look to be an upgrade from Foster last year and I got scorched.

sorry but his weak lil runs look alot better then fosters, foster was just pathetic last year...
Jeez he's had one bad game (granted he did get more total yds den Jackson, but still) let's see what he does vs. the Dirty Birds aight dang.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Jeez he's had one bad game (granted he did get more total yds den Jackson, but still) let's see what he does vs. the Dirty Birds aight dang.

How do you know what we have seen is his bad game...for all we know that's the best he can do...he's yet to have a game that is what we could consider "average" for an NFL RB
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

How do you know what we have seen is his bad game...for all we know that's the best he can do...he's yet to have a game that is what we could consider "average" for an NFL RB

He's only started one game, jeez, uno gameo, maybe this is the worst he can do I mean jeez, let's see does against the Falcons (especially since this will be his last start so he knows he's gotta show something), aight gosh.
Coffee has'nt made any highlight reels with any of his runs but its fair to point out that some of his runs especially some of the sweeps he has ran with blockers in front he did okay. I think in time he may develope a lil more. Hes not Gore and its kinda hard to run down the middle with teams loading up with 7 or 8 guys in the box expecting the run.He's a downhill runner we all know that.If our offense was a little more creative in using some draw or play action maybe that will open the middle a little more for him to produce some better runs.
If Coffee becomes a stud, then Moran Norris should be called "the Red Bull".
BAMA haters..be gone!! RTR!!!!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. We know the line hasn't played too well. We know that most of the time there really aren't big holes to run to. It's not about his 2.8 yards a carry. I dont blame him for that.

The problem that I have is what many have stated. In the few chances he's had in the open field or in the second level he hasn't looked impressive. He doesn't break tackles and isn't very illusive. You combine that with the fact that he doesn't have great speed and you have a servicable back that can get you a few tough yards, but thats about it. If we are going to be Superbowl contenders we will need to draft another back. We need a legit two back system.

nail on the head thank you!