There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

i may be the only one but coffee...

Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's good enough for what he was drafted for: take the load off Gore, not replace him.

we could get good enough in the 6th or 7th round for a 3 rounder i want someone that contributes greatly

Well he is what he is, no use crying over spilled milk. Maybe he gets better, maybe not, we should just hope Gore comes back soon.
I see there are many who are writing him off a bit early in my opinion. There is a difference in intensity between pre-season and regular season and then there is the way our offensive line has run blocked as well. Singletary has addressed the fact that there needs to be improvement from the O-line. The dropped passes are rookiesh probably ....... I least I hope so.

Hey StOnEy333 ...... I am with you all the way on being patient and taking a wait and see approach.
well, according to maiocco, he was cutting back and trying to find the hole in training camp but he got yelled at by jimmy raye. He was told to follow where the run was going and not to dance around so that's what he did, even if nothing was there.

I'll see if I can find the link.
Guys lets be real. It was his first start of his career.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
well, according to maiocco, he was cutting back and trying to find the hole in training camp but he got yelled at by jimmy raye. He was told to follow where the run was going and not to dance around so that's what he did, even if nothing was there.

When Jimmy Raye yells, people listen?
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
I see there are many who are writing him off a bit early in my opinion. There is a difference in intensity between pre-season and regular season and then there is the way our offensive line has run blocked as well. Singletary has addressed the fact that there needs to be improvement from the O-line. The dropped passes are rookiesh probably ....... I least I hope so.

Hey StOnEy333 ...... I am with you all the way on being patient and taking a wait and see approach.

im all for a wait and see approach...esp since im not a coach or g.m. th and its really all i can do!
i just hope it isnt an alex smith like wait and see approach...oooohhhhhhhhhh snnnnappp! (i take it back)

heard that on KNBR too
Originally posted by B650:

When Jimmy Raye yells, people listen?

i guess. He's a rook, he's probably just trying to fall in line.
just doesnt impress me much...yea he's a rookie and yea he lead the league in the preseason...but i feel like he doesnt have that vision that sets good rb apart from just fast athletes...I mean thomas clayton led the league too and il give that coffee is an improvement over clayton but r.b is the easiest positon to transition into in the nfl and u ether have that wow factor or dont...even as a backup! i mean u could see sproles, l.j. and michael turner to have nfl level skills. marion barber derrick ward all these guys were backups that you could see needed to see the field more in the few short spots they had in games....ive seen a lot of coffee in every game since preseason and dont see anything that was a wow moment but i have liked the way kory sheets played in his short time..im wondering if there are any others who feel this way???

Sproles , Turner, and Derick Ward did very little as rookies. Also besides Gores big runs he was having a hard time running behind this line as well. Rookie + poor blocking = 2.8 yards per carry. If he and the line aren't more successful this week then we should be a little more worried but even then its way too early.
So let me get this straight:

We throw in a rookie RB to take on the full load for a few weeks, behind an o-line that mostly EVERYONE on here states is horrendous, with an OC and head coach that state we are going to run most of the game, and you guys expect him to run like Gore did against the Seahawks?

Give the guy a break! He accumulated over a 100 yards rushing and receiving last week.. I agree that there were some instances against the Vikings where I wish he would have cut instead of gone straight into the defender, but he's warming up to the speed of the NFL..

I say put your microscopes away for a few more weeks..
Maiocco - Post Rams

Skip to 6:23 if you want to hear about coffee.
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
I was very impressed with him during the preseason, though he hasnt been great during the reg season its still VERY early in his career and I think he can be a great 1-2 punch with Gore. The thing I like most about him though is that he doesnt dance around in the back field, he hits the hole quickly, I think he needs alittle more patience to let things devolope sometimes, but it is refreshing to have a back that likes to dish out hits rather than running east/west for no gain.

Quote:
what play impressed you
.. im not saying it rudely i just saw every game and never saw him wow me with his feet or vision

During the preseason game VS the Raiders he was very impressive on several plays. Coffee had 16 carries for 129 yards with a 8.1 yard per carry average that game, whats not impressive about those stats even if it was VS the Raiders lol

At the very least he was exciting to watch that game in my opinion.

[ Edited by 9erfreak on Oct 7, 2009 at 23:32:28 ]
He had 100 overall yards or close to it his first NFL start. Not bad. He was very nervous and those jitters will go away. Dropped a few passes, he will correct those mistakes when the butterflies are gone. Solid back-up in my opinion.
Originally posted by djb49:
So let me get this straight:

We throw in a rookie RB to take on the full load for a few weeks, behind an o-line that mostly EVERYONE on here states is horrendous, with an OC and head coach that state we are going to run most of the game, and you guys expect him to run like Gore did against the Seahawks?

Give the guy a break! He accumulated over a 100 yards rushing and receiving last week.. I agree that there were some instances against the Vikings where I wish he would have cut instead of gone straight into the defender, but he's warming up to the speed of the NFL..

I say put your microscopes away for a few more weeks..

no what u need to get straight is that i havent seen him make a play in preseason regular season or other wise that impresses me to his potential
people are able to spot potential in short glimpses and i have yet to see it in the 60 or so odd plays he has been involved in...in addressing another guys post
that ward and other had subpar rookie years... i witnessed said years and saw flashes of potiential esp. in sproles he'd get shut out most games then make a play...to be in the nfl u gotta be a playmaker...coffee has yet to show in one play that he can make it so yea scub until i see otherwise..and if i see him make a good play that impresses me i wont heisitate to say hey he may have potential

i just havent seen that play....yet
I don't know what team you guys are watching but the line cant block anybody. If it wasnt for the seattle game the rbs would be averaging maybe 2 yards a carry. Until the line gets some push I don't think its fair to judge.