LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

i may be the only one but coffee...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Time for Sheets!!!

agreed. i know coffee is a rook, but he just doesn't seem to take this league seriously. i don't see him being anything more than a 3rd string rb at this point. he's basically a poor man's ahmad bradshaw. i hope we could call up sheets and cut robinson because he's useless as well and isnt even contributing to special teams, which got him his team captain role in the first place

(during preseason) "I'm not really impressed with NFL defenses" -Glen Coffee
I want Coffee to succeed, but I don't see it. When other teams star running back gets hurt, there doesn't seem to be this big of a drop off. Lt goes down, Sproles steps up. Willie Parker is out, Mendenhall is a stud. Marshawn Lynch is out, Fred Jackson goes off! The list goes on and on. I want winners dammit, and Coffee isn't cuttin it!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
I want Coffee to succeed, but I don't see it. When other teams star running back gets hurt, there doesn't seem to be this big of a drop off. Lt goes down, Sproles steps up. Willie Parker is out, Mendenhall is a stud. Marshawn Lynch is out, Fred Jackson goes off! The list goes on and on. I want winners dammit, and Coffee isn't cuttin it!

Because this team is brainwashed with this no-nonsense, stubborn attitude. The reason they got Coffee was because they planned on being an excellent running team. He's a downhill runner, and that's what Singletary wants. Well guess what? Who gives a crap if he's a downhill runner or not? They could've had another RB besides Coffee who could make a bigger impact. Gore is already a downhill runner. How about someone to compliment him? Maybe a bruiser like Jacobs, or a shifty back like Sproles to change it up. I'm not liking Glen Coffee very much right now. I know the OL isn't creating holes for him, but come on. This is your chance to shine, and he isn't.
I've never seen a rookie RB make so many f**king mistakes..he runs right into defenders and then he costs us a timeout.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I've never seen a rookie RB make so many f**king mistakes..he runs right into defenders and then he costs us a timeout.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
coffee might as well run with a bandanna tied around his eyes.

Agreed.

I don't think that i've EVER see this guy cutback. Not once. He has absolutely no vision, is not very good in the open field -- if he ever reaches there. And his catching skills out of the backfield leaves a lot to be desired.

Sheets is NOT the answer either. Sheets is not the type of guy to take it north and south. Raye doesn't call any other type of play.

-9fA
I'm all for being patient with a rookie. Problem is his vision is not there yet. I still like Coffee but he's not ready to be a starter yet.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Agreed.

I don't think that i've EVER see this guy cutback. Not once. He has absolutely no vision, is not very good in the open field -- if he ever reaches there. And his catching skills out of the backfield leaves a lot to be desired.

Sheets is NOT the answer either. Sheets is not the type of guy to take it north and south. Raye doesn't call any other type of play.

-9fA

He's probably thinking too much instead of playing with instinct. Did you know that he was chastized by Raye for trying the cutbacks too much in training camp? I read that they have harped on him to follow his blockers up the gut, & run north-south only.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Agreed.

-9fA

He's probably thinking too much instead of playing with instinct. Did you know that he was chastized by Raye for trying the cutbacks too much in training camp? I read that they have harped on him to follow his blockers up the gut, & run north-south only.

Yeah i remember hearing one of the commentators mentioning that. It's true that a lot of young RBs do tend to dance around a bit. But you're right, at this point it's as if he's playing with the textbook instead of his instincts.

-9fA

Agreed.

-9fA

Yeah i remember hearing one of the commentators mentioning that. It's true that a lot of young RBs do tend to dance around a bit. But you're right, at this point it's as if he's playing with the textbook instead of his instincts.-9fA

I like how you said that. I think one reason why Coffee is not bouncing anything tothe outside is becauseI remember reading an article where Raye was chewing coffee out because Coffee had tried to bounce the play to the outside and Raye said something like " That play is supposed to go up the middle" and told Coffee he didn't want him trying to bounce plays to the outside. If this is true than you can partially blame Raye because the kid needs to be able to use his vision and instincts rather than just do as he is told all the time.

I miss Frank Gore.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I miss Frank Gore.

Me too...it's gonna be a loooooong 2 weeks
Originally posted by E-49er:

Agreed.

-9fA

Yeah i remember hearing one of the commentators mentioning that. It's true that a lot of young RBs do tend to dance around a bit. But you're right, at this point it's as if he's playing with the textbook instead of his instincts.-9fA

I like how you said that. I think one reason why Coffee is not bouncing anything tothe outside is becauseI remember reading an article where Raye was chewing coffee out because Coffee had tried to bounce the play to the outside and Raye said something like " That play is supposed to go up the middle" and told Coffee he didn't want him trying to bounce plays to the outside. If this is true than you can partially blame Raye because the kid needs to be able to use his vision and instincts rather than just do as he is told all the time.

Completely agree, the rookie is just doing exactly what Raye has been on him about & not even allowing his instincts to be a part of his game.
Share 49ersWebzone