There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

i may be the only one but coffee...

tastes good in the morning.

There I finished a sentence. I'm so proud of myself.
Originally posted by crzy:
Well you're not the only one. I have been seriously underwhelmed by Glen Coffee's performances.

He's a nice downhill runner, but every once in awhile you gotta make a cut or break one to the outside to pick up a big gain.

Coffee just runs into tacklers and falls down

also we dont use a RB tandem like we should.

If it was up to me I would be playing Goffee, Robinson and Sheets
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You guys amaze me, you slam a guy for not playing like a pro bowler and never once take into consideration that the oline is playing terrible. What ever happened to smart football fans?

Agreed.

The C and both OG's are worthless. The RT is sometimes trouble. The only quality guy is the LT.

I disagree... The C is solid, the Guards are capable, the LT is very solid and the RT is a mess. One bad apple will soil an entire O-line.

I agree that the C is solid but the Guards were manhandled in the last game. There were two of those in the barrel last week.
As I understand it Raye has gotten on Coffee for looking too much for the cut and just wnts him to pound it downhill and forget the multi cuts. Maybe the kid is trying and thinking too hard right now and maybe the O-line as a whole jes sux right now too. Save for those 2 long runs Gore hasn't fared that much better thus far.
You guys amaze me, you slam a guy for not playing like a pro bowler and never once take into consideration that the oline is playing terrible. What ever happened to smart football fans?

Agreed.

The C and both OG's are worthless. The RT is sometimes trouble. The only quality guy is the LT.

I disagree... The C is solid, the Guards are capable, the LT is very solid and the RT is a mess. One bad apple will soil an entire O-line.

Baas is not the answer at G and the RT has been a problem forever. Our C is solid, though.

Baas and Chilo are getting thrown around like rag dolls. Guys are running right over them on their way straight to the QB. The C is very average with an injury history. Chilo gets so much man love on this site. I can't see why. Even Singletary when miked says he wants to kick Chilo's butt. He is so overrated. I suspect it is because he is from USC. People think everybody who played at USC is a super star. But he is getting owned big time in pass blocking and I sure would not call Chilo a great player at this point. Right now he's not even good.

You see a lot of the west coast bias when guys talk about players they want on the team. There were actually some guys that said they'd rather have Taylor Mays than Eric Berry at safety if we could land either of them, when it is clear to anyone that knows anything about football that Berry is by far the superior player.
bring back sheets?
You're not the only one. So far I have been disappointed in Coffee. Until he actually starts making some runs and breaking tackles he is extremely overrated.
Originally posted by ssahnan:
he's a career backup rb and yeah, not nearly an upgrade over foster like once thought...he can't today nor will he ever have the talent to start for any nfl team...

I'm not saying the guy is gonna be great but I don't think you can call him a Career backup after 1 start and playing behind an offensive line that is struggling to pick up new blocking schemes. The other thing is that Raye yelled at Coffee for bouncing runs to the outside in practice he wants him running up the middle. I personally don't think its right to tell him to never bounce it outside but maybe he is telling him this to make sure he gives the play the oppurtunity to work.
Really hard to judge, and unfair to be harsh on a rookie RB when you have a pretty bad O-line. Most of these guys can't block their way out of a paper bag.

Agreed.

Baas is not the answer at G and the RT has been a problem forever. Our C is solid, though.

Baas and Chilo are getting thrown around like rag dolls. Guys are running right over them on their way straight to the QB. The C is very average with an injury history. Chilo gets so much man love on this site. I can't see why. Even Singletary when miked says he wants to kick Chilo's butt. He is so overrated. I suspect it is because he is from USC. People think everybody who played at USC is a super star. But he is getting owned big time in pass blocking and I sure would not call Chilo a great player at this point. Right now he's not even good.

You see a lot of the west coast bias when guys talk about players they want on the team. There were actually some guys that said they'd rather have Taylor Mays than Eric Berry at safety if we could land either of them, when it is clear to anyone that knows anything about football that Berry is by far the superior player.

A WC bias is to be expected but the Mays / Berry debate is still a debate.
Quote:
The C is very average with an injury history.
No friggin way. This is just a blatent lie. Heitman has started all but two games for the past 6 seasons. The poor b*****d is playing with two turnstiles next two him but still manages to get a good push. I wouldn't trade our center for anyone else.
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
two games....and only started in one...imo zoners are being a little harsh...i will wait to pass judgment till after sundays game.

I don't disagree with you but this is kind of funny. You criticise that people have only given him two games, then you say that you will judge him after this game.

Like, that one extra game makes all the difference!
Originally posted by English:
two games....and only started in one...imo zoners are being a little harsh...i will wait to pass judgment till after sundays game.

I don't disagree with you but this is kind of funny. You criticise that people have only given him two games, then you say that you will judge him after this game.

Sigh.

How about giving him more than one start before we label him a bust. Sound good?

The kid is a rookie, and he's just figuring out how to play at this level.
Originally posted by English:

guess your not real good at recognizing sarcasm...but its cool, whatever makes you sleep better at night.
So far he has been running like Glen "decaf" Coffee Someone needs to give this kid some shots expresso