There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How much did kawakami vomit writing this article?

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/10/07/crabtree-aftermath-the-49ers-are-on-a-roll-theres-no-denying-it/

All aboard!

Sounds like he is believing some now too!
Im here at work and I dont have acesss to it. What does he say?
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

We're not supposed to copy/paste the article, so I'll briefly summarize for you... he was very positive about the 49ers. Not just in how they handled the whole Crabs situation, but also about what they've accomplished so far this year. I don't think he had a negative, overblown thing to say...
  • Squirrel
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

All aboard!

Hop on the covered wagon?
I don't think Kawakami is a Niners hater the way some of you think. I think the guy is just ruthlessly blunt and writes his honest opinion, which I have a lot of respect for. Doesn't mean he's right, even in this case.

I don't think this case is any different then his other articles. He simply wrote what his opinion is.
I still can't stand the b*****d. Watching and listening to him on Chronicle Live makes me want to punch a baby.
that guy can lick my b*lls!!! He brought me great pain and would constantly burst our bubble on the few wins we did get. I hope it does bring him discomfort to write positive about us

[ Edited by sicc110 on Oct 8, 2009 at 09:35:53 ]
I still don't like the guy. He's too quick to hate on a franchise
Originally posted by WINiner:
I don't think Kawakami is a Niners hater the way some of you think. I think the guy is just ruthlessly blunt and writes his honest opinion, which I have a lot of respect for. Doesn't mean he's right, even in this case.

I don't think this case is any different then his other articles. He simply wrote what his opinion is.

agreed, and he enjoy's calling out the homers, which I have no problem with, I just choose not to read him all the time.
I think he wrote a this article the same way he wrote all the others.

For the last time, this Kawakami-hating is ridiculous. He is not a fan, he is a jounalist. His job is to be objective and call things as he see it, wrong or not. That's what he does.

As Thomas Sowell once said: "reality isn't optional".
Quote:
All of a sudden, the 49ers look as put-together as they’ve been since they reached the 1997 NFC title game.

If he vomited, it must have been from the drugs he's taking.

It's flat out unfair to compare this team to the 97 squad (or any squad that had both Rice and Young on it).
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Kawakami is a guy who likes to write the brutal truth as he see's it. It's his opinion… often it's strong opinion. He's not always right and he's not always wrong, but he does call it the way he sees it. During the John York years, the 49ers were an easy target and Kawakami wrote a lot of snarky articles that pissed 49er fans off… myself included. But I've noticed that his take on the 9ers started to change once Jed York took over. This piece he wrote today is not the first favorable opinion he's offered on the franchise. His view of the 9ers has been changing as the team has made positive steps. To say that he's jumping on the bandwagon is overly simplistic. The fact is, this organization today is far ahead of where they were two years ago… ownership, front office, coaching, roster… in every way. Two years ago, they deserved criticism... don't shoot the messenger. Today, they deserve praise for getting their act together.
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by pelos21:

We're not supposed to copy/paste the article, so I'll briefly summarize for you... he was very positive about the 49ers. Not just in how they handled the whole Crabs situation, but also about what they've accomplished so far this year.[b] I don't think he had a negative, overblown thing to say...[b]
Quote:

man.. he said we were almost certainly gonna lose three straight games...... punk @$$ b***h

[ Edited by TexasNiner84 on Oct 8, 2009 at 10:08:56 ]