There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do the Niners stay away from players represented by Parker in the 1st round?

• pd24
  • Veteran
I would. I wouldn't want to take a chance on something like this with the two 1st round picks we have next year.

[ Edited by pd24 on Oct 7, 2009 at 15:04:36 ]
no. because we just butt f*cked him and knows better than to hold out on us again.
I don't think so.

Why would Parker pull the same s**t again, when he knows we won't be the ones to cave?
Parker represents a lot of good players. Can't avoid him
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
no. because we just butt f*cked him and knows better than to hold out on us again.

You wouldn't be a little scared if we took one of his guys in the top 10 next year?
You draft players on skill, and their ability to help the team. Period.
Originally posted by pd24:

You wouldn't be a little scared if we took one of his guys in the top 10 next year?

no
No. Parker is the Niners b***h. I think the tampering is really what caused all this.
Since there is no reason for the Crabtree thread all the crap is flowing out into separate threads.
No that would be just stupid.
Originally posted by backontop:
No that would be just stupid.
Hell no, the 49ers just punked Parker, I think they'd love to see him accross the table again.

On a side note, I'm just as impressed and excited by how the 49ers front office handled this (considering how young they all are) then I am on how the 49ers are playing. I truely believe that the 49ers are on the right path both on and off the field.

GO NINERS!!
In poker, after you've busted a guy up do you stop trying to take his stack? No, we just busted Parker up, and in the off chance we draft a player represented by him, he probably won't be trying to call our bluff again.

He tried to take advantage of new management with a player everyone believed was top 3 but went #10. Now he knows we aren't Al Davis so he won't have the opinion that he can push the Niners around. His reputation took a major shot, he ruined half the season for Crabtree and got basically the same deal that was on the table before training camp (probably worse since it's now potentially 6 years). I don't think Parker is gonna be playing these games with Rookies too much from now on, most likely he sticks to negotiating for established veterans with a rookie here and there.
Originally posted by domesik:
Hell no, the 49ers just punked Parker, I think they'd love to see him accross the table again.

On a side note, I'm just as impressed and excited by how the 49ers front office handled this (considering how young they all are) then I am on how the 49ers are playing. I truely believe that the 49ers are on the right path both on and off the field.

GO NINERS!!

Completely agree, this front office has done a great job!