LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

49ers sign OLB Martail Burnett to replace Dobson Collins on PS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'm a big believer in that you can tell how good a player will be based simply on their name. For instance: Zak Keasey.

Martail Burnett...sounds like a linebacker for me. He'll be on the 53 man squad someday, mark my words.

I'm already preparing his bust for Canton, OH

I think the formula works pretty well.

I knew Matt Ryan would be amazing. With a QB named Matt Ryan on your team, you can't lose.
i hope he's a hard worker
Glad we filled spot, now we will see how long he is here.
Where's OTC to give us the scoop on this kid???
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I found this interview from TheFootballExpert

Quote:
TheFootballExpert.com: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?

Martail Burnett: 6’3’’, 259, 4.72
TheFootballExpert.com: Describe your game in three words or less.
Martail Burnett: Smart, fast, aggressive
TheFootballExpert.com: What do you feel is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you feel you need to improve in?
Martail Burnett: Very coachable, good field intellect. I need to improve on my motor (keep going to the ball).
TheFootballExpert.com: What NFL player do you do you think you compare favorably to?
Martail Burnett: Simeon Rice and Jevon Kearse
TheFootballExpert.com: Who is the best player you have faced during your college football career?
Martail Burnett: I don’t feel like I’ve played against anyone who stood out or matched my competitive level yet.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is your greatest football moment to date?
Martail Burnett: My interception return for 55 yards against TCU
TheFootballExpert.com: Did you have a favorite pro team growing up? Favorite player?
Martail Burnett: My favorite team was and still is the 49ers but I have no favorite player.
TheFootballExpert.com: How instrumental was Coach Whittingham in your progression?
Martail Burnett: Coach Whit was really helpful in guiding me and assisting me on how to play on the D-line.
TheFootballExpert.com: What have former college teammates now in the NFL told you about preparing for the league?
Martail Burnett: To stay in shape and work towards mini camp because it’s really important.
TheFootballExpert.com: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?
Martail Burnett: I will put a down payment on a home.
TheFootballExpert.com: How have you been preparing for the NFL Draft?
Martail Burnett: Lifting weights, running, staying in shape. My goal is to stay strong and maintain my weight but lose some body fat at the same time.
TheFootballExpert.com: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft?
Martail Burnett: Not really except to be drafted. Just being drafted would be a huge blessing.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is the one thing you will most miss at college?
Martail Burnett: I will miss my teammates and running out of the tunnel at game time with them.
TheFootballExpert.com: Where is the best place to get a bite to eat in Salt Lake City?
Martail Burnett: Crown Burger
TheFootballExpert.com: What was your favorite college course and why?
Martail Burnett: I don’t have a favorite course. My overall major, criminal based Sociology, was exciting.
TheFootballExpert.com: Any pregame rituals? Food? Music?
Martail Burnett: I pray and listen to gospel music.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is something football fans may not know about you?
Martail Burnett: I hate spiders.
TheFootballExpert.com: Do you read mock drafts or listen to what draft experts have to say?
Martail Burnett: Sometimes, but not realy.
TheFootballExpert.com: What was the last good movie you saw?
Martail Burnett: Rambo
TheFootballExpert.com: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?
Martail Burnett: Coach high school football.
TheFootballExpert.com: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions and good luck!
Martail Burnett: Thank you.

Super Bowl Bound

Quote:
Good to see a fellow fan get a chance to play for the team

Too Bad Nolan didnt have that thought process when we drafted 1st overall in 05
Let this forever go down as the day that we signed Martail Burnett.
I'm a big believer in that you can tell how good a player will be based simply on their name. For instance: Zak Keasey.

Martail Burnett...sounds like a linebacker for me. He'll be on the 53 man squad someday, mark my words.

I'm already preparing his bust for Canton, OH

I think the formula works pretty well.

I knew Matt Ryan would be amazing. With a QB named Matt Ryan on your team, you can't lose.

I'm going to have to agree. Matt Ryan, with a name like that you can't be anything other then a great QB, Dick Butkus means you can't be nothing other then a scary white dude LB, Martail Burnett with a name like that I'm seeing HoF, G.O.A.T. type player. Willis + Martail Burnett next to him = the greatest MLB/OLB duo EVER. Championship!!!!
  • Luca
  • Veteran
What happend to Brandon Long I think it was, from Michigan State????
Originally posted by FourNine49:
another position-change experiment?

Sing's earned a chance. He's got Brooks playing like a pro, maybe he knows something about the guy.
Originally posted by backontop:
10th all time with 17 sacks

HAHA!!! Thats the Mountain West for you!

Originally posted by jta854:

Not sure what you are trying to say here? The Mountain West has been arguably the 3rd or 4th best conference in the Nation over the past several years. Better then the ACC and Big East and has demonstrated a competitive edge over most in the Pac 10.

Granted they are not the SEC or Big 12 but their best did work over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl last year.

I hope this kid does progress and is a diamond in the rough. It is always cool to see a fan fulfill his dream by playing on his favorite team.
This is another body in practice because Ulbrich and Harris are out with injury
Our OLBs need rest and this is just a bit more insurance in case something happens.

They really need to pull Parys and Manny off special teams and let them focus only on defense.
needles to say, we can now officially consider dyrial briggs a bust
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:
Originally posted by jta854:

Not sure what you are trying to say here? The Mountain West has been arguably the 3rd or 4th best conference in the Nation over the past several years. Better then the ACC and Big East and has demonstrated a competitive edge over most in the Pac 10.

Granted they are not the SEC or Big 12 but their best did work over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl last year.

I hope this kid does progress and is a diamond in the rough. It is always cool to see a fan fulfill his dream by playing on his favorite team.

First of all, some front page wins does not make you the 3rd or 4th best conference. Top to bottom the Mountain West is still not on the same level of the bigger conferences. However, the MW is clearly a conference on the rise with a couple talented teams that continue to establish themselves. In addition to my belief that the MW is still not one of the better conferences; I was also considering the fact that there is very little tradition of winning or talent in the MW. That being said, having 17 sacks and being 10th all time for at Utah is not impressive for a school.
Share 49ersWebzone