There are 444 users in the forums
49ers sign OLB Martail Burnett to replace Dobson Collins on PS
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM
- PRIMETIME21
- Veteran
- Posts: 18,806
who?
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM
- YourHuckleberry
- Member
- Posts: 5,107
Championship!
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM
- backontop
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,346
10th all time with 17 sacks
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM
- mjonags32
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,207
another position-change experiment?
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
who?
Just a guy for our practice squad. Players signed to the practice squad, most likely, are going to be people you've never heard of.
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:54 PM
- blunt_probe
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,298
cool
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM
- DesiDez
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,678
I found this interview from TheFootballExpert
Super Bowl Bound
Quote:
TheFootballExpert.com: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?
Martail Burnett: 6’3’’, 259, 4.72
TheFootballExpert.com: Describe your game in three words or less.
Martail Burnett: Smart, fast, aggressive
TheFootballExpert.com: What do you feel is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you feel you need to improve in?
Martail Burnett: Very coachable, good field intellect. I need to improve on my motor (keep going to the ball).
TheFootballExpert.com: What NFL player do you do you think you compare favorably to?
Martail Burnett: Simeon Rice and Jevon Kearse
TheFootballExpert.com: Who is the best player you have faced during your college football career?
Martail Burnett: I don’t feel like I’ve played against anyone who stood out or matched my competitive level yet.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is your greatest football moment to date?
Martail Burnett: My interception return for 55 yards against TCU
TheFootballExpert.com: Did you have a favorite pro team growing up? Favorite player?
Martail Burnett: My favorite team was and still is the 49ers but I have no favorite player.
TheFootballExpert.com: How instrumental was Coach Whittingham in your progression?
Martail Burnett: Coach Whit was really helpful in guiding me and assisting me on how to play on the D-line.
TheFootballExpert.com: What have former college teammates now in the NFL told you about preparing for the league?
Martail Burnett: To stay in shape and work towards mini camp because it’s really important.
TheFootballExpert.com: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?
Martail Burnett: I will put a down payment on a home.
TheFootballExpert.com: How have you been preparing for the NFL Draft?
Martail Burnett: Lifting weights, running, staying in shape. My goal is to stay strong and maintain my weight but lose some body fat at the same time.
TheFootballExpert.com: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft?
Martail Burnett: Not really except to be drafted. Just being drafted would be a huge blessing.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is the one thing you will most miss at college?
Martail Burnett: I will miss my teammates and running out of the tunnel at game time with them.
TheFootballExpert.com: Where is the best place to get a bite to eat in Salt Lake City?
Martail Burnett: Crown Burger
TheFootballExpert.com: What was your favorite college course and why?
Martail Burnett: I don’t have a favorite course. My overall major, criminal based Sociology, was exciting.
TheFootballExpert.com: Any pregame rituals? Food? Music?
Martail Burnett: I pray and listen to gospel music.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is something football fans may not know about you?
Martail Burnett: I hate spiders.
TheFootballExpert.com: Do you read mock drafts or listen to what draft experts have to say?
Martail Burnett: Sometimes, but not realy.
TheFootballExpert.com: What was the last good movie you saw?
Martail Burnett: Rambo
TheFootballExpert.com: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?
Martail Burnett: Coach high school football.
TheFootballExpert.com: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions and good luck!
Martail Burnett: Thank you.
Super Bowl Bound
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM
- pd24
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,407
Yesssssssssssssss!
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM
- 9erfanAUS
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,281
Looks like a dream come true for him.
Cheers for the link DesiDez
-9fA
Cheers for the link DesiDez

-9fA
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:02 PM
- redrathman
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,019
Originally posted by FourNine49:
another position-change experiment?
Position change? Changing from a 4-3 defensive end to a 3-4 outside linebacker isn't much of a change. Did you even read the passage?
He came to Utah as a safety and put on weight to become an end, which means he's quick and has coverage abilities as well.
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM
- YourHuckleberry
- Member
- Posts: 5,107
I'm a big believer in that you can tell how good a player will be based simply on their name. For instance: Zak Keasey.
Martail Burnett...sounds like a linebacker for me. He'll be on the 53 man squad someday, mark my words.
Martail Burnett...sounds like a linebacker for me. He'll be on the 53 man squad someday, mark my words.
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM
- mjonags32
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,207
Originally posted by redrathman:Originally posted by FourNine49:
another position-change experiment?
Position change? Changing from a 4-3 defensive end to a 3-4 outside linebacker isn't much of a change. Did you even read the passage?
He came to Utah as a safety and put on weight to become an end, which means he's quick and has coverage abilities as well.
Ahh I stand corrected then. I thought I read that he was a Safety in college, and we're now turning him into a LB bc of his weight increase. My bad
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM
- DesiDez
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,678
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'm a big believer in that you can tell how good a player will be based simply on their name. For instance: Zak Keasey.
Martail Burnett...sounds like a linebacker for me. He'll be on the 53 man squad someday, mark my words.
I'm already preparing his bust for Canton, OH
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM
- foreign49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,355
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I found this interview from TheFootballExpert
Quote:
TheFootballExpert.com: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?
Martail Burnett: 6’3’’, 259, 4.72
TheFootballExpert.com: Describe your game in three words or less.
Martail Burnett: Smart, fast, aggressive
TheFootballExpert.com: What do you feel is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you feel you need to improve in?
Martail Burnett: Very coachable, good field intellect. I need to improve on my motor (keep going to the ball).
TheFootballExpert.com: What NFL player do you do you think you compare favorably to?
Martail Burnett: Simeon Rice and Jevon Kearse
TheFootballExpert.com: Who is the best player you have faced during your college football career?
Martail Burnett: I don’t feel like I’ve played against anyone who stood out or matched my competitive level yet.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is your greatest football moment to date?
Martail Burnett: My interception return for 55 yards against TCU
TheFootballExpert.com: Did you have a favorite pro team growing up? Favorite player?
Martail Burnett: My favorite team was and still is the 49ers but I have no favorite player.
TheFootballExpert.com: How instrumental was Coach Whittingham in your progression?
Martail Burnett: Coach Whit was really helpful in guiding me and assisting me on how to play on the D-line.
TheFootballExpert.com: What have former college teammates now in the NFL told you about preparing for the league?
Martail Burnett: To stay in shape and work towards mini camp because it’s really important.
TheFootballExpert.com: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?
Martail Burnett: I will put a down payment on a home.
TheFootballExpert.com: How have you been preparing for the NFL Draft?
Martail Burnett: Lifting weights, running, staying in shape. My goal is to stay strong and maintain my weight but lose some body fat at the same time.
TheFootballExpert.com: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft?
Martail Burnett: Not really except to be drafted. Just being drafted would be a huge blessing.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is the one thing you will most miss at college?
Martail Burnett: I will miss my teammates and running out of the tunnel at game time with them.
TheFootballExpert.com: Where is the best place to get a bite to eat in Salt Lake City?
Martail Burnett: Crown Burger
TheFootballExpert.com: What was your favorite college course and why?
Martail Burnett: I don’t have a favorite course. My overall major, criminal based Sociology, was exciting.
TheFootballExpert.com: Any pregame rituals? Food? Music?
Martail Burnett: I pray and listen to gospel music.
TheFootballExpert.com: What is something football fans may not know about you?
Martail Burnett: I hate spiders.
TheFootballExpert.com: Do you read mock drafts or listen to what draft experts have to say?
Martail Burnett: Sometimes, but not realy.
TheFootballExpert.com: What was the last good movie you saw?
Martail Burnett: Rambo
TheFootballExpert.com: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?
Martail Burnett: Coach high school football.
TheFootballExpert.com: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions and good luck!
Martail Burnett: Thank you.
Super Bowl Bound
Good to see a fellow fan get a chance to play for the team