There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How will you greet Crabtree when he's announced on gameday?

How will you greet Crabtree when he's announced on gameday?

He's a 9er. TIME TO GO CRAZY ON HIS FIRST CATCH!!
can somebody tell me in these years that we have been bad have our fans ever booed the niners or any niner in particular
Originally posted by TDilvr:
He needs to earn the respect of fans and his coaches and teammates alike and if he has to weather a few unpleasantries along the way, then that is what he has to do. Him reluctantly (Sing shoving his a$$ out there) stepping in front of a bunch of cameras and reporters today to answer for himself was the first step in owning the mess he created.

In Singletary I trust.

I trust in Singletary too, but I'm wavering as to whether the press conference was a good idea. Sing treats his players like his kids, and in this situation, it's like he was sending Crabtree out to apologize to fans. But we all knew he wouldn't give any real information and other than saying he was "humbled" by the experience, I didn't sense any sort of real apology or resolution of the mess Crabtree created of his relationship with the fans. All this event served to do was make him more "humbled" when what we need him to do is move on to the business of contributing to this team. Once he starts doing that, maybe a press conference makes more sense and he has the distance to the holdout to speak more candidly and maybe even express sincere regret. As it is, he probably feels even more alienated than he did before the press conference. Yes, he did it to himself and he has to live with it, but it's in the team's best interest for him to move forward.
Originally posted by valrod33:
can somebody tell me in these years that we have been bad have our fans ever booed the niners or any niner in particular

"Holding, number 77 offense"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I sure hope you guys don't boo him, that would absolutely be no class, it was all business on both sides.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

"5 yard penalty, repeat X down"

-9fA
i'll probably jizz in my pocket.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Tenth down?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

hotpocket
Originally posted by luv49rs:

f**king awesome
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Tenth down?

Maybe in 27 BC

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 7, 2009 at 15:08:24 ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:

hotpocket

you want to eat that?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Since Parker is apparently within a circle of friends that includes MC Hammer, Deion Sanders, it seems as if Crabtree would have had a hard time dumping him.

Crabtree seems to be caught up in a circle of celebrities who have more control over his life then they perhaps should.

He implied that he just "let his agent handle everything."

But Parker is a friend of Sanders, Hammer etc. He is "one of the boys."

It would be tough for the kid to stand up against this celebrity circle.

It looks like my first suspicions were right, this one goes on Parker; and it looks like the circle of friends told him, "You're our pal, but enough is enough."

I see Singletary playing a huge role in affecting Crabtree's choice of advisors, circle, etc. going forward. Crabtree didn't come across as a guy with a huge amount of integrity through this whole thing, and for a young guy in big business, that's understandable if not forgivable. If there's one thing Singletary teaches, it's integrity. I expect to see a big change in Crabtree over the next years that will probably help him the rest of his life.
Originally posted by King49er:
3 and 4

above
Originally posted by djfullshred:
He is a 49er now, and should be welcomed by fans like the rest of the team. Fans should not f*ck with his head & make him feel like he made the wrong choice in finally coming to his senses & getting a deal done.

........ I will show him the same warm welcome that Singletary extended , but mine will be a little more enthusiastic with a little woooooooo wooooooo thrown in.

I think that he is gonna be a great fit with this team.