There are 202 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Crabtree make a difference this year?

Will Crabtree make a difference this year?

I vote NO. Rookie WR's rarely make a difference, and he is way behind
no
He's gonna suck.

Or suffer a season ending injury because karma is a b***h.
No he is a rookie and he has already missed to much
Hopefully, but I'm leaning towards no.
maybe indrectly: by lighting up a fire under the current WRs on the team. But directly, I hardly see him doing much with

A. missing training camp
B. being a rookie
C. the run-oriented offense we have
D. the many WRs we have on the team (incl. Jones who is just coming back)
depends on how the other wideouts do. That will dictate his opportunity but in all likelihood, probably not. Maybe some good catches towards the end of the season but I don't expect more that 300 yards out of the guy at the very most.
Two words....

Bubble Screen.

He probably won't be a starter, but he'll probably get a few plays a game starting with the Texans and steadily get more time as the season goes on.

If the Niners make the playoffs, I'd expect him to be completely up to speed by then.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
He's gonna suck.

Or suffer a season ending injury because karma is a b***h.

why say that after we just gave him 17 mil ? you guys really need to get over it. its business
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
I vote NO. Rookie WR's rarely make a difference, and he is way behind

Ditto
how soon do you guys see crabtree getting on the field ? im thinkin he plays against the texans
he wont make a impact but he needs to do the little things like blocking ,staying after practice to learn the playbook ,and etc to gain the respect of the team. i still want to drop kick his agent in the face
He wont have great numbers this year. the only way you can say he makes a difference is if on one of the last plays of the game, we are down and then he scores a touchdown. that would be making a difference, right? Without making that catch, we would have lost?
hopefully