LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Crabtree, Singletary press conference video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks for the link. I'll have to watch it when I get home.
Originally posted by DJD:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
dude looked so uncomfortable up there. looks like they just handed him a jersey a few seconds before he was supposed to go up there and said "here, put this on!"

A visa jersey? Sure looks last minute but didn't keep him from squeezing in a sponsor.

All the practice jersy's have that visa logo on.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
What caught my eye was when he refered to himself as "michael crabtree" when he was talking about his cousin saying he would sit out the year

Lol why? The reporter stated it was his cousin who said it. Crabtree said "I'm Michael Crabtree, what I say is what I say", which I took it as... I'm not my cousin, so why are you inferring I said if I'm not my cousin?

For a diva, this dude needs to get comfortable in front of the camera. Reminds me of Frank Gore and how shy he is in front of cameras.

[ Edited by Ether on Oct 7, 2009 at 14:42:27 ]
I'm actually surprised the Niners even made him do the conference. He's obviously uncomfortable enough with the way this all went down, and I do believe this holdout was the concoction of his agent. He's likely to hear some boos when he's announced at home and full-out smack on the road. I don't understand the need to make him stand in front of a room full of reporters when you know he's not going to speak candidly and the whole event will only make him feel more "humbled" than he already does. The best thing the Niners (and especially Singletary) can do for him is keep him out of the limelight until he's ready to go out there and perform. Singletary could have just gone out there alone and said he's not allowing Crabtree to meet the press because he needs to focus 100% of his attention on catching up and becoming a part of the team. Singletary definitely has the clout to do that. I don't understand how sending him out in front of the press now helps Crabtree or the team. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but it immediately puts our new prize WR in the position of being under attack. Just not sure why you would want that.
Originally posted by gravelburn:
I'm actually surprised the Niners even made him do the conference. He's obviously uncomfortable enough with the way this all went down, and I do believe this holdout was the concoction of his agent. He's likely to hear some boos when he's announced at home and full-out smack on the road. I don't understand the need to make him stand in front of a room full of reporters when you know he's not going to speak candidly and the whole event will only make him feel more "humbled" than he already does. The best thing the Niners (and especially Singletary) can do for him is keep him out of the limelight until he's ready to go out there and perform. Singletary could have just gone out there alone and said he's not allowing Crabtree to meet the press because he needs to focus 100% of his attention on catching up and becoming a part of the team. Singletary definitely has the clout to do that. I don't understand how sending him out in front of the press now helps Crabtree or the team. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but it immediately puts our new prize WR in the position of being under attack. Just not sure why you would want that.

Disagree. He owes it to the organization and fans to show face. The boy's gotta grow up someday
It was a "humbling experience that changed the way he looks at the world and his teammates" because he backed down and signed for 10th pick money.

Also notice how Singletary is already starting a relationship by saving crabtree from the media.
Originally posted by DJD:
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
dude looked so uncomfortable up there. looks like they just handed him a jersey a few seconds before he was supposed to go up there and said "here, put this on!"

A visa jersey? Sure looks last minute but didn't keep him from squeezing in a sponsor.

all practice jerseys have that patch.

never mind, someone already posted it.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 7, 2009 at 14:59:37 ]
Singletary also handled it with class and thanking the media for taking it easy in the "kid" which is what he is, a kid. Singletary is the truth and shows that he really does care. I think Crabtree should be sold by the way Singletary spoke about him.

Originally posted by FourNine49:

Disagree. He owes it to the organization and fans to show face. The boy's gotta grow up someday
lol, was that MM who asked that last question,

"Mike [Crabtree], what kind of role did Hammer have in this?"

(burst of laughter from the other reporters, even Singletary cracked a grin, couldn't see Crabs, but he probably chuckled as well)
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

(burst of laughter from the other reporters, even Singletary cracked a grin, couldn't see Crabs, but he probably chuckled as well)

Was Crabs even born when "Can't Touch This" came out?

Originally posted by FourNine49:

I agree, but did he? He obviously feels some regret, but you had to know we weren't going to get anything even remotely resembling the apology we as fans deserve and he needs to give to make us Michael Crabtree fans. I would think that a little time and the opportunity to become a contributing member of the team would put him in a better state of mind to have that sort of press conference and regain the support of fans. It's probably Sing just wanting to get this distraction out of the way, but I don't think that was really accomplished. I frankly don't want Crabtree too humbled right now, because he's got to be bold if he's going to contribute coming in this late. And after that conference, he's probably feeling just that much more "humbled". Again, it probably isn't that big of a deal, but I still don't think it was the best way to handle an already awkward situation. Had Sing just done the conference himself and said Crabtree is focusing 100% on catching up, we would have bought it up. The only way Crabtree is going to win fans in San Francisco is if he starts producing. Everything else falls short.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

yes, that was him.
I think the most damning this about this is how Parker left Crabtree out to dry.

Seriously, attend the conference and answer a few questions and support your camera shy client who you just put through this miserable ordeal.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 7, 2009 at 15:18:47 ]
  • 505Niner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I think the most damning this about this is how Parker left Crabtree out to dry.

Seriously, attend the conference and answer a few questions and support your camera shy client who you just put through this miserable ordeal.

-9fA

I couldn't agree more. Talk about throwing your client right under the bus basically. Grow a pair, Eugene.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

True. I wonder how long it'll be before Singletary's influence gives Crabtree the integrity to dump that guy.
Share 49ersWebzone