There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmy and Crab

I think it is interesting how Crab will become a part of the offense, considering how Jimmy said he would like to make a system that was built around the strengths of the team. I know as a player on the overall team he is unproven, but he def is the strength in the WR core (on paper). So given that, I'm sure that Jimmy will find a way to use him immediately in the game plan, especially to counter the run game and help open things up for the backs. I know it sounds crazy but I expect him to to catch his first pass after the bye week....

Thoughts?
I think Jimmy knows what to do with him. I can picture the Niners in the redzone. Morgan in the slot on the weakside with Bruce and Crabtree lined up strong side with Vernon, daring the defense to try to double someone or blitz, then...

...we hand off to Gore or Coffee for 4 yards...

Yep I can just picture it now...j/k
I just hope Crabtree spends as much time as possible to get acclimated to this offense, because we are gonna need him during our playoff run!
We need to start off Crabtee's career with a few bubble screens.
I think we all know why we have that bubble screen in the playbook that Morgan ran twice on Sunday against the rams. It was effective both times we ran it, with one coming back for a penalty. Hard to imagine Crabtree couldn't do what he does best with that play. He could suit up tomorrow if he had to and run that one play, no problem.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think we all know why we have that bubble screen in the playbook that Morgan ran twice on Sunday against the rams. It was effective both times we ran it, with one coming back for a penalty. Hard to imagine Crabtree couldn't do what he does best with that play. He could suit up tomorrow if he had to and run that one play, no problem.

Hopefully Crabtree can do for the bubble screen what Taylor did for the quick slant. Crabtree sort of reminds me of Taylor.
I can picture it now Crabtree blocking down the field. That is the main reason we signed him we need more blockers for Jimmy the "old man raye".
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Nooooooooooo! I want his 1st catch to be a TD. Would be fitting if it was a bomb giving all the questions surrounding his foot and no 40 time.

Then we can at Al Davis and the Raiders some more!
Originally posted by krizay:

Nooooooooooo! I want his 1st catch to be a TD. Would be fitting if it was a bomb giving all the questions surrounding his foot and no 40 time.

Then we can at Al Davis and the Raiders some more!

It's one thing that Heyward-Bust sucks, but to have Crabs catch a TD on his first catch will give Al Davis a heart attack
A quick passing attack fits Crabtree's style very nice. Crab isn't really a deep threat. He's most effective on slants and screens. It should work out nicely.
I think they are going to work him hard in practice right away, and start giving him as much as he can handle. The logical conclusion is they will work him into the games as much as he shows the ability in practice to pick things up. If he really has star potential, he may be in there contributing sooner than many people are predicting. If he is a typical overwhelmed rookie, they will work him in more gradually.
Originally posted by strickac:
A quick passing attack fits Crabtree's style very nice. Crab isn't really a deep threat. He's most effective on slants and screens. It should work out nicely.

I think this is the most important aspect of his game. If he is good at getting open early in the play, that gives Hill a fast outlet to get the ball out quickly so we can avoid sacks and fumbles, and not have to force the deep throws.

P.S. WHO BETTER TO MENTOR CRAB THE BRUCE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT
Originally posted by alwayzA9er:
Originally posted by strickac:

I think this is the most important aspect of his game. If he is good at getting open early in the play, that gives Hill a fast outlet to get the ball out quickly so we can avoid sacks and fumbles, and not have to force the deep throws.

P.S. WHO BETTER TO MENTOR CRAB THE BRUCE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT

Jerry Rice?
  • krich22
  • Info N/A

I agree. Give him a few easy plays to get his feet wet, and hopefully have him blossom from there. Wouldn't it be great if he caught a bubble screen on his first play, and took it to the house?
Originally posted by krich22:

I agree. Give him a few easy plays to get his feet wet, and hopefully have him blossom from there. Wouldn't it be great if he caught a bubble screen on his first play, and took it to the house?

DUUUUUDE......this is exactly how I imagine his first plays will be, especially if he plays soon, he wont have to run a route, just a wr screen, and see if he can take it to paydirt....I know the dude has talent, but it'll take him a while to master route running vs pro cornerbacks.