There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Stall n Strike Offense

Seeing as how our passing offense has looked good in spurts, I have been trying to figure out why Raye doesn't open it up and let it fly. Some people have accepted the coaches official explanation (they want a smashmouth team), others have speculated that the coaches don't trust Hill. I have a different idea.

I think that the coaches know exactly how bad their O-line is, therefore they simply are protecting Hill for the first 2.5-3 quarters. They want to let the RBs take all the damage (as they should be) and keep Hill safe and fresh until they need him.

It makes sense to simply run off the first 35-45 minutes of the game and then go to our passing game. By that point, the score is either close or our D has already won it for us, plus our QB and WRs are fresh and the other team's D is gassed from stopping the run.

Then we unleash the passing game with a few quick strikes to Morgan and Davis and thats usually all we need to win games. Ladies and Gentlemen, The Stall n Strike.
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Once again I'll say, Bill Walsh is turning over in his grave!
I don't think we have the personnel to let it fly.

We tend to wait until the other team makes a mistake, then we capitalize on it. It seems to be working out so far.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I don't think we have the personnel to let it fly.

We tend to wait until the other team makes a mistake, then we capitalize on it. It seems to be working out so far.

well we have crabtree now to let it fly