LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Did Patrick Willis get robbed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Patrick Willis get robbed?

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Conejo:
this thread = homerism at it's finest

If we played the packers with that same LG playing LT and Justin Smith had the day Allen had on MNF, everyone would be on JS' nuts

unreal

Jared Allen = Kevin Greene II

And did you see that KG is the OLB coach of the packers? I thought that was interesting.
No, Allen got robbed, how can anyone say Allen did not have the best week by a defensive player?

Because he went up against a rookie right tackle!
this thread = homerism at it's finest

If we played the packers with that same LG playing LT and Justin Smith had the day Allen had on MNF, everyone would be on JS' nuts

unreal

But if Ray Lewis had the day Willis had on the same day as Justin Smith, then I think everyone would know Lewis would deserve the award.
Again and again guys, let the 9ers keep going under the radar.
No, Allen got robbed, how can anyone say Allen did not have the best week by a defensive player?

because his 4.5 sacks were against the worst Oline in football. Antwan Odom recorded 5 sacks against the same Packers Oline.

Willis deserved this EASILY.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Allen had a good game no doubt, but of course this has Favre love written all over it.

pretty easy to get 4 sacks against that offensive line

Yup, I thought I heard they were using a backup of a backup for one position.

That one position? Left Tackle. Aaron Rodgers played a hell of a game behind that turnstile. Still Allen had 4.5 sacks, that's just crazy. That's more sacks than Lawson has ever had in a year. Hell it's close to his career total. IMO It was Allen, then Willis, Then mr two picks.
It's kinda tricky this week if you ask me. I don't really think Allen deserved it as he was getting sacks against a center that was moved to left tackle mid game. But then by my logic does Willis deserve it for doing what he did against one of the leagues worst teams? I dunno, I think it should have gone to Willis but Sharper did have one hell of a game so I'm not mad that it went to him. I'd probably be more upset if Allen got it over Willis.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
By the same token that Allen's performance was against a poor O-Line, surely Willis' performance was against perhaps the worst team in football? Willis' performance was top notch, so was Allen's and Sharper really lead the Saints D to a great victory whilst also passing a major mile stone. It was a fair enough outcome really.
I started to vote yes.

Then I thought, based on the level of competition that all 3 players faced? No he didn't get robbed. I would have been miffed if the other two guys played say the Raiders and the Browns but they were matched up against tougher teams than the Rams.

So nope, as much as I have Man love for Bam Bam, he didn't get robbed.

~Ceadder

*Kevin Gogan is the Packs OL coach? Am I reading that right? Since I'm pretty sure you don't mean Kevin Greene the former DE who is up for the HoF.* Okay mebbe you did mean Greene. WTF does he know about being an OLman other than how to get around them?

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 7, 2009 at 00:47:54 ]
I thought you were refering to the play where that guy was going down and the ball popped loose before he hit the ground, willis picked it up and he was going to FR TD, but we are allways denied by the refs, I think THAT would have made it the best performance for a LB in recent memory, would of made me not care about seeing that f-avre on moday, but since its not about that,
F-yeah he got robbed, I am a Niner fan aren't I.

Originally posted by B650:

Agreed.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I would have had a sack against that GB offensive line. Willis had more of a complete game.

Doubtful. I think that you'd get Ragdolled. Assuming that you're not 300+ lbs and over 6'3" in height.

You know what though, I'm 5'10" and a buck.62 at 40. My HS coach used to put me in at End because he knew I got that German Irish temperament. You knock me down I'm gonna get ya right back. My natural positions were WR/DB btw. So I know if I would get RD'ed you will get RD'ed.

~Ceadder
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I would have had a sack against that GB offensive line. Willis had more of a complete game.

Doubtful. I think that you'd get Ragdolled. Assuming that you're not 300+ lbs and over 6'3" in height.

You know what though, I'm 5'10" and a buck.62 at 40. My HS coach used to put me in at End because he knew I got that German Irish temperament. You knock me down I'm gonna get ya right back. My natural positions were WR/DB btw. So I know if I would get RD'ed you will get RD'ed.

~Ceadder

Antoine Winfield?
Originally posted by B650:

Agreed.

True that
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I started to vote yes.

Then I thought, based on the level of competition that all 3 players faced? No he didn't get robbed. I would have been miffed if the other two guys played say the Raiders and the Browns but they were matched up against tougher teams than the Rams.

So nope, as much as I have Man love for Bam Bam, he didn't get robbed.

~Ceadder

*Kevin Gogan is the Packs OL coach? Am I reading that right? Since I'm pretty sure you don't mean Kevin Greene the former DE who is up for the HoF.* Okay mebbe you did mean Greene. WTF does he know about being an OLman other than how to get around them?

Greene is the LB's coach.
http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/greene_kevin/
Share 49ersWebzone